Jesus Is God
Why can't people of all religious faiths accept that one faith may have as much validity as another? That's an insurmountable difficulty for Christians. Why? Because only Christians claim that the founder of their faith, Jesus of Nazareth, while fully human, is also fully God.
And this belief, that Jesus is God, sets Christianity apart from all religions and philosophies and contradicts their teachings. That Jesus is God is one of the most taught and affirmed truths in the Bible
- The Bible teaches clearly that Jesus is God. Read the following verses and answer the questions:
- Colossians 1:15-17
- John 1:1-4
- John 1:14,17
1. How does it help you to see Christ as a "visible image of the invisible God"?
2. What kind of things does the Bible say God the Father created through Christ?
3. Who holds all creation together?
4. Who is referred to as "the Word" in John 1:1-4?
5. What does it mean to you that "His life brought light to everyone"?
6. How was the Law given to us?
7. Through whom did we receive God's unfailing love and faithfulness?
- The Bible teaches clearly that Jesus proclaimed Himself God. Look at:
- John 10:30
- John 8:42
- John 14:9-11
Now, answer these questions:
- What is the relationship between Jesus and the Father?
- Who sent Jesus into the world?
- Jesus said you would love Him if what?
- Jesus doesn't speak on His own initiative but whose?
- The Bible teaches clearly that the followers of Jesus said He is God.
Matthew and Matthew -17 are the verses that tell us that. Read them and answer these questions:
- How did Jesus' disciples reveal their belief that Jesus was God's Son?
- What caused the people to believe that Jesus was "the Prophet we have been expecting" (NLT)?
- How did the disciples' description of who Jesus is differ from the description the people gave?
- Who revealed to Peter that Jesus is the Son of God?
- The Bible teaches clearly that the enemies of Jesus believed that Jesus said He is God.
You'll find that recorded in John 10:31-33; John and John -59. Read those verses and answer these questions:
- What question did Jesus ask the Jews who were preparing to stone Him?
- Why were they going to stone Him?
- Where did Jesus say He had come from?
- Why did Jesus hide Himself?
What do you think? Do you believe that Jesus is God? Would you say that to be a Christian, you must believe what Jesus said about His identity? If you do believe it, the Bible assures you:
"All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God" (1 John , NLT).
If you do not confess that Jesus is God, you exclude yourself from God's family. It is God's truth that Jesus, His Son, is God. And it pleases God when we believe that truth--and it is the only way to salvation.
"For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ,
and through him God reconciled everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
by means of Christ's blood on the cross" (Colossians -20, NASB).
If Jesus is God, and He is, then He was telling the truth when He said He had the power to forgive sins and when He said that He is the only way to God and heaven.
Back To The Bible Ministries
My Comment: When I was raised in the church I was raised in I never gave a whole lot of thought to Jesus other than He did die for my sin and it was only when I was older (much, lol) that I knew the importance of accepting the Truth that Jesus and God the Father were are and always will be One! They with the Holy Spirit Jesus sent to be our guide and teacher, are the Holy Trinity God in One. This was taught yet not expounded on or taught in depth so I understood and I never heard any one talk about accepting Jesus as my Savior and being reborn. Reborn was done by their belief during Baptism which was done usually on the 40th day after being born. This was not Scriptural.
It is Scriptural that Jesus is sent by the Father and they are One and to be saved one must accept Jesus and the Gospel. Baptism comes after as a proclamation of ones belief and declaration of the truth.
Friends I pray you will study these verses and others and see the truth for yourselves and accept Jesus as your Savior who came to earth as a babe and was crucified on the Cross for all our sin (the sin of rejecting God and His Son Jesus the Christ or Messiah), and was raised again on the third day as the Scripture foretold. May your eyes, heart and ears be open to the truth the Holy Spirit is teaching you and may you be guided by the wisdom He imparts. Amen