Saturday, March 10, 2012

2 Chronicles 36:4, Philippians 2:5; We become what we think

2 Chronicles 36:4

"Then the king of Egypt made Jehoahaz's brother Eliakim king over Judah and Jerusalem, and changed his name to Jehoiakim. And Necho took Jehoahaz his brother and carried him off to Egypt."
NKJV
Throughout the Bible, we see Egypt presented as a picture of sin. It was a land of great wealth and power, but to Israel, it was a land of captivity and bondage. As Christians, we live in a world that is much like Egypt. The world desires to see us in bondage to its system. Whether you call it the "rat race" or "keeping up with the Joneses", the world system will only leave you wanting more. Friend, we need to get off that train because it's headed nowhere except over a cliff.

Philippians 2:5 "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus," NKJV

Instead of letting the world dictate our life, we need to let God have control. Let the Word of God go into your eyes, your ears, your brain and your heart so that it will begin changing you from the inside out. Don't be fooled by the "riches" of Egypt, rather experience the true riches of God.

Life Lesson: Change the way you think, and you change the way you live.

Dear God,
Give me eyes to see and a heart to receive Your Word. Help me to overcome the worldly way of thinking and instead begin thinking like Jesus. I pray that today would be the day that I change my life by walking in obedience to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comment:When we read the Word of God we let Him fill us with His truth and we become more like Jesus in how we think. Our relationship with the creator of the universe becomes stronger and we think differently about things.
I went to college and majored in Psychology and counseling with Multicultural counseling and Human Services (did some art as well).  I was older when I went (I graduated in 2007 and I am now 65) so I could see what was going on with the way the instructors tried to meld the minds of the students into Humanism and Worldly thinking with Eastern Philosophy. If I were younger I might have been swayed as many were to believe the Bible was archaic (it is not yet every generation Satan works to get that generation to believe it) and I might have been swayed to believe and think all religions lead to the same place and are just different ways to the same end (they are not if Heaven is your end you want). They all lead to the throne of God where He will decide yours and my fate based on what you and I choose to believe and think and accept.
I know I will be going to heaven to live with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I choose to think the truth of God and follow where He leads me and do what He asks of me. Where will you go? What are your thoughts and beliefs? Who will control your life? God or Satan. Those are your choices. Satan has given many roads that all lead to Hell. God gives one to life in Heaven. I pray dear one you choose the road God has laid out for you and that what you think will be what is true. God's truth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment