Tuesday, March 6, 2012

1 Corinthians 13:6, 1 Corinthians 7:19, 1 John 5:2/3; When we love we keep His commandment

1 Corinthians 13:6
"[Love] does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth."
NKJV
Many years ago a popular Christian group wrote a song titled, "Luv is a Verb." While their spelling may have been off, the truth of the song was not. Love is not simply a feeling or intellectual process but an active expression. This view of love seen in scripture is purposeful and benevolent. It actively engages others, thinking of them above ourselves. Biblical love is not hindered by anything but seeks with passion to be shared with anyone and everyone.
How is this possible? How can we even begin to love in a way that looks for opportunities rather than excuses? Simply put, we plug into the source of love. Friend, the God of all creation left everything in heaven for you and me. He stepped from the throne of God and wrapped Himself in our weak flesh in order to die on our behalf. That kind of love is life changing. That kind of love will fuel our lives so that we too can love like our Savior. Today, seek out an opportunity to love. Whether it's a kind word, act of service or a merciful response, let's love like Jesus. That kind of love will never be stopped - no matter how you spell it.
Life Lesson: Love will find a way. A lack of love will find an excuse.
Dear God,
I praise You for the amazing love You have shown me. Help me to grasp this love so that I will be equipped to love others in the same way. Strip me of any excuses and use me to reach others with the love of Jesus. In His name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

1 Corinthians 7:19

"For it makes no difference whether or not a man has been circumcised. The important thing is to keep God's commandments."
NLT
Friend, you have unique talents and abilities that God wants to use for His glory. Your act of love for God is expressed when you serve and keep His commandments. Don't be dissatisfied with your giftings, but obey God and walk in them.
Serving God with your gifts and obeying his commandments should be a high priority in the life of the believer. This is not to say that you are under the law, but because of His amazing love for you, you can respond in love by serving others with your talents. While you are not trying to earn your righteousness, you should desire to be obedient to Him. Not because you are earning your salvation, but because you love Him.

1John 5:2-3 "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome." NKJV

You are to love God with all of your heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:37). Serving and obeying God should not be burdensome because He loved you first. When I take flowers to my wife, I do not do so because I am married. I do this out of love. In the same way, show your love and affection for God by being committed to witness, read the Bible, pray and love others.

Do you express your love to God by serving Him and others? Remember how God told us to discover a life worth living? Feel safe and secure in the arms of God's redeeming power and undeniable love. Step out in obedience to Him and share the hope and love of God to this cold, dark world that does not have anything worth living for and sure does not offer anything worth dying for.

Life Lesson: Serving and keeping God's commandments is not only a commitment but an act of love as well.

Dear Father,
Thank You for Your love that sets me free when I ask you to forgive me of my sins. Thank You for allowing me to come to You. Lord, I thank You for the talents and abilities You have given to me. Forgive me where I have envied someone's gifts while neglecting to use my own gifts. Help me to be grateful for the call You have for my life so that I can discover purpose and meaning the way You intended. Lord, thank You for Your patience with me. Help me bring hope to a lost and dying world. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
My Comment: I felt I had to connect these because when we Love as He commands then we keep His commandments. We Love as He Loved then we do what He wants us to do in all circumstances. We find joy in doing the work He wants us to do (work for Him is not to work for salvation, as we have that freely when we accept Jesus Christ as our savior).
When trials or tribulations come we keep working in His vineyard and helping to bring in a great harvest. Love is what we are commanded to do. Many times people are afraid  to Love yet perfect Love casts out all fear. We know God Loves us perfectly as He sent His only begotten Son who willingly left Heaven to be Sacrificed on a Cross and rise again from the dead, to show His perfect Love. Who we trust in this Love we can Love others with that perfect Love with out fears and with joy no matter what comes our way.
I remember a story of a lady who was being robbed. She dropped to her knees immediately and started praying for the robbers. They left everything and left her home. Now maybe all robbers would not leave yet her Love did not think of that only their souls. We should not think of how the outcome will be we should only Love! Doing and being in the will of God brings joy no matter what is going on around us or no matter what is happening to us or our loved ones. We trust His Love for us and we Love with His Love. Lord thank You for Your Love and for placing Your heart within us to Love others ans You first Loved us. Help us Abba to keep Your command to Love You with all our hearts minds souls and bodies and to Love others as ourselves. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment