Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Acts 9:15-16, No one is unreachable of God

Acts 9:15-16
But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."
NKJV

Dear JoAnn,

In Chapter nine of the book of Acts, we see Jesus interrupting the life of Saul of Tarsus. Saul was living out his life doing his 'own thing' with zeal. Unfortunately, Saul's 'thing' was harassing and persecuting Christians. Have you ever found your life interrupted by God? You were going about your life doing your own thing and all of sudden God interrupts, saves you and gives you a passion for lost souls. If you have met Jesus, you should have a passion for lost souls. Sometimes I hear people tell their life stories and wonder if they are grateful for this divine interruption. You have heard the stories. 'My life was great until I met Jesus, now I am barely getting by.' What a disservice that does to the treasure that we have found. We have now been graciously given a heavenly perspective in an otherwise earthly world. We have been given the high, holy and heavenly calling of offering hope to a doomed place. We have a calling to offer love to a world that long ago lost it, and light to a darkness that swallows the human soul. The only thing worse than having this kind of life changing interruption...is not having one. I am thankful for mine. How about you? Let's change the world, one life at a time, starting with yours.

Life Lesson: We are supposed to be a part of God's plan to reach the world.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for coming into my life. I now give my life to You. If You can use my life to encourage one person, serve one person, or to see one person brought to You, please do so. There is no greater joy than to give our lives away. You not only told us that, but You showed us that. Lord, help me to look for ways to give my life away. Until the whole world hears, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
My Comments:  Remember the Aunt Mona I referred to in another post? The one who with her son laid hands on and prayed for our 2nd oldest daughter? Well, She was a true Christian who brought glory to the Lord and lived her life and raised her son in the light of the Lord and the trueth of His Word.
I did not see it that way then because I did not know the truth. I loved them yet I mocked them and called them fanatics. Now I am called one by others who do not know any better. As she loved me and left me to God's ministrations I leave them. As this story shows God can reach someone no matter how far off base they are. He is amazing. I know my Aunt and Uncle and my little cousin loved God very much and were saved and are now in heaven with the Lord Jesus and I know their prayers have a lot to do with why the Lord pulled me out of the muck and mire and set my feet upon the Rock of Jesus. May it be so for you my friend. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment