Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1 Corinthians 13:3, 1 John 4:7, Love as Jesus loved!

1 Corinthians 13:3
"And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing."
NKJV

Love - that one word possesses great power. When a couple first releases that word into their vocabulary, it changes the dynamic of their relationship. On the other hand, when someone you care for tells you they no longer love you, it could impact your life for years. Unfortunately, this word has many times been misunderstood. Our world sees love as a souped up version of lust but that's not what God created love to be and neither is it the example He has shown us.

1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." NKJV

Love is not morality or religion. It's not something else to put on your to-do list. Rather, love is our motivation and it is seen perfectly in our Lord. In short, love is Jesus. In every second of His life on earth, Jesus was love and demonstrated that love. From his healing of the sick and feeding the hungry, to His correction of the Pharisees, Jesus' end goal was love. You could do all the good deeds in the world, but without love they would be like a string of zero's - meaning nothing. Jesus loved others because He loved the Father. The same is true with us. As we love our Heavenly Father, we will be able to love others; even those who we feel may not be that lovable.

Life Lesson: Love is the perfection of human character.

Dear God,
Thank You for Your love. Because of Your love for me, I have forgiveness of sins and hope of heaven. Father, fill me with Your Spirit and help me to love like You love. Make me more like Jesus so that I can share Your grace and mercy with those around me. Use me today to show love. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comments: There is not much I can say that the Lord and the Apostles have not alreadys said on Love. It is not what some suppose it to be. It is a choice not a felling. It is what we are commanded by our Lord to do, one to another. It is not an option. If we are His we love no matter what happens.
In a marriage we stay and work it out if possible yet we keep loving even if we do not like what the other person is doing. My first husband did not always treat me as a women should be treated at one who is loved is treated yet God did not ask me to love only when life is good and I am treated as I think I should be. My husband of 34 years did not always treat me with love and I did not always treat him with respect and we both have learned that there is no peace or growth unless we love as our Abba has directed us to do. He will give us the strength and guidance to love perfectly because the Love will come from the fount of salvation.
May the Lord bless all of you with His abounding Love and may you let it flow through you to others unimpeeded. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment