Friday, February 3, 2012

Acts 10:22-23, We are our brothers keeper.

Acts 10:22-23
"And they said, "Cornelius the centurion, a just man, one who fears God and has a good reputation among all the nation of the Jews, was divinely instructed by a holy angel to summon you to his house, and to hear words from you." Then he invited them in and lodged them. On the next day Peter went away with them, and some brethren from Joppa accompanied him."
NKJV

Dear JoAnn,

In Acts chapter ten, we see the doors opening wide for all of humanity to hear the gospel. Until this time, only a select few knew of the good news about Jesus. That was about to change, drastically. The good news to be presented and accepted by this group of gentiles would impact all of mankind. The world would never be the same.

Now that we have heard the good news, we have the privilege to help others hear it. It is my desire to reach people with the good news through any means possible, short of sin. In Genesis chapter four, Cain posed the question, "am I my brother's keeper?" The answer is a resounding 'yes'. We are responsible for reaching this generation with the good news that God loves them and died for their sins. Let's change the world one life at a time... starting with yours.

Life Lesson: We should work together to reach the world.

Dear Lord,
I want to thank You that because I asked You to forgive me, You have indeed forgiven me. There are still many people who have not accepted You as Lord and Savior. Lord, please give me a burden to reach people. Lord I want to join together with my brothers and sisters to reach the world. Help me to care about whether they come to You or not. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comments: When I was a very little girl of 3 I was babysitting my sister and when I was 5 I was babysitting my 5 day old cousin and from then on I took care of children. My Mom wanted me to know how to take care of my Sister because she always felt she would die on or around age 30 so she wanted me to be her substitue Mom as my Dad was rarely around. He was a fisherman and was gone 9 months of the year and when home he drank and later when he got a job as the Head Maintance he continured to drink and that made home a place of secrets. But the main thing for this posting is Mom wanted me to grow up quick so I would be prepared. I was.
I have always had a sense of needing to take care of others so it came easier for me than some to feel the need to help others come to know the Love and saving Grace of Jesus. We are told to go into the world and tell them about Him and He will ask us when we stand in front of Him why we did not or He will say "Well done good and faithful servant" I want to hear this from Him. Lord help me to put myself aside and reach out to any You want me to reach out to and may I give a good impression of Jesus in all I say and do. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment