Friday, February 10, 2012

1 Chronicles 25:1, Worship God!

1 Chronicles 25:1
"Moreover David and the captains of the army separated for the service some of the sons of Asaph, of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, stringed instruments, and cymbals. And the number of the skilled men performing their service was:"
NKJV

There are actually seven different Hebrew words for our one English word for 'worship'.
  1. YADAH - yaw-daw - to worship with the extended hand.
  2. TEHILLAH - teh-hil-law - to sing, a song or a hymn of praise
  3. BARAK - baw-rak - To kneel or to bow. To give reverence to God as an act of adoration.
  4. HALAL - As in Hallelujah meaning Praise the Lord Hallel meaning praise and Jah meaning God. (this word appears over 110 times in the OT) to be clear (orig. of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence, to make a show, to boast; to rave;
  5. TOWDAH - to-daw - To give worship by the extension of the hand in adoration or agreeing with what has been done or will be.
  6. ZAMAR - zaw-mar - To sing with instruments. To make music accompanied by the voice.
  7. SHABACH - shaw-bakh - to address in a loud tone, a loud adoration, a shout! Proclaim with a loud voice, unashamed, Shout to the Lord.
Worship is not only what happens in music during the service; it's a lifestyle. It's a song in your heart as you go about your day-singing praises to the Lord. Worship includes music but is also all kinds of things outside music; reading your Bible, giving thanks, giving financially to the kingdom, prayer and so much more. Worship is making God and His kingdom number one in your life and priorities.

Worship is giving thanks when things are going well. Worship is praising God regardless of your circumstances in the midst of trials. Sometimes, it is not easy. We will not always 'feel' like worshiping God, and it is then we are reminded we worship Him because He is worthy. Worship is a battle, and it is the battle cry of the Christian.

Worship pleases God. When you live out your life day in and day out walking in worship, it will change your life. We all worship something, and many things we worship will fade and turn to nothing. God and God alone is actually worthy of all our worship. Take just a few minutes right now, loved one, and worship Him and give thanks. (Seriously do it right now. It will just take a moment and could change your day.) Do you have a roof over your head? Thank Him. Do you have food to eat? Give Him praise. Are you in the midst of trials or tribulations? Thank Him that one day those trials will end.

Life Lesson: God is worthy of all of our worship.

Dear Father,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your Word and the opportunity to sing praises to You! Lord, I lift my eyes to the heavens and recognize Your goodness. Help me to get into the habit of worshiping You in the good times and the bad. I ask in all things, that I give thanks to you. I sing praises of Your loving grace and mercy, and lift my voice to You because You are always worthy to be praised. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
My Comments: I love the "worship time" at Calvary Chapel as there is so much energy and joy and love of God in the singing and the playing of the instruments. I love it loud and I love to lift my hands and raise my raspy voice to sing praises to the Lord for saving me from sin and giving me new life.
I love driving in the car listening to praise and worship music on the radio and knowing it glorifies my Heavenly Father. I love to sing in tongues and know He is listening to my praises to Him!
I remember when I was eleven and my Dad was a caretaker/maintenance/janitor or the San Jose Moose Lodge where my folks were members and when we lived on the Moose Lodge grounds. There was this huge building with a large work bench Dad used, in the center of the building. I would take my doll out there and her and I would dance and sing praises to the Lord God twirling and twirling around as we went around the table in the building. I would be laughing and crying for joy in my Lord God and the love I felt for Him and He for me. I had never heard in the Orthodox Church of anything so outgoing being done and had not read the Bible yet so did not know of the passages that told of others doing the same thing before the Lord. Yet the Holy Spirit was not to be denied as He prompted me to dance, sing, cry and laugh before the glory of the Lord. No one ever saw or heard me that I know of yet it has never left me and remains a Holy time for me in my memory.
I wish I had the limberness of body and sweet sound of voice to still give worship this way yet I still can raise my voice, my hands and rejoice in my heart while giving worship to my Abba who loves me so much and loved me before I even knew Him as my Savior or what the real Gospel of Jesus Christ is.Praise God He has saved a wretch like me and raised me up to be His child. He has purchased me with a great price and I am His pearl and He hides me beneath His wings. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment