Monday, February 20, 2012

1 Chronicles 26:12, Corinthians 4:3-4, Matthew 5:14-16, Daniel 12:3; To shine or to trust?

1 Chronicles 26:12
"Among these were the divisions of the gatekeepers, among the chief men, having duties just like their brethren, to serve in the house of the Lord."
NKJV

Will you shine or will you rust? Time does interesting things to us, our relationships and our bodies. We seem to have this notion that time will always helps us sort things out and that somehow, it helps our priorities to rise to the top and solves our problems. Friend, it really doesn't. We think that time heals all wounds and yet time can often wound all our heals. We have to decide on a daily basis what is important. Is God important to you? If God is important to you, then His Kingdom priorities become your priorities. When we say we are following Jesus, this should describe an active and ongoing relationship with Jesus. If we make the daily decision to follow Him, if we decide daily that Jesus is important, over time, He becomes more important. He will be important enough to take the time and make the effort to serve Him in the house of the Lord. Jesus said we are the light of the world. Actually, He said YOU are the light of the world. As you serve God, your light shines. Check out these verses.

Corinthians 4:3-4 "If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." NLT

Matthew 5:14-16 "'You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'" NKJV

Daniel 12:3 "Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever." NLT

When Charlie, in the movie "Willy Wonka," does the right thing, Willy Wonka says, "So shines a good deed in a weary world." Friend, serve God and let your light shine in a cold, dark and hurting world. As your light shines, it will change your life, the world and give spiritual light and sight to your family, friends and loved ones. So your call... shine like the stars forever or rust like a bucket. You are called to shine. Shine on loved one, shine on...forever.

Life Lesson: It is when we give our lives to the work of the kingdom that we shine the brightest.

Dear Father
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the opportunity and reminder to shine for You. I am grateful that You have gifted me with unique abilities and talents to serve in Your Kingdom. Thank You for giving me the power to choose. Lord, my choices affect the souls of men and women whose lives are eternally hanging in the balance of my decision. I want to give my life away and shine like a star in the night sky. At times, I am fearful of being wounded and hurt in the battle, but Lord, if You could change the world with eleven disciples I know You can use me as I stand with other believers. Empower me with Your strength to encourage, pray, support, serve, love and give to others. I want to do all I can to reach all I can. I choose to let my good works shine and serve in the house of the Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comments: Sorry about not being on in the past week. My husband nearly died this past week and we were in the hospital and I really do not like nor do lap top cut and past stuff very well. I guess I will have to sometime yet this past week was not the time for me to learn. I am sure you all understand.
As for the previous posting: If we do not do things or live our lives for the Glory of God and for His purpose than we are not truly living nor are we His. We are not here to seek our own glory or our own rights or anything if we have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior then as His we do not seek our own we seek His.
It is a simple asnwer. If we get out of the way He can do much in our lives and through using us and the results are wonderful. He fills us with His strength, His love for others, His ideas, He empowers us more than all the self Help books and classes ever could and the joy we feel when He does this is Heaven on earth! May you all be blessed with His joy even in the hardest of times may you rejoice in Him and seek His glory and praise Him unendingly. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment