Thursday, February 23, 2012

1 Timothy 1:12-13
"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."
NKJV

"Why would God use me?" "I've done terrible things in my past so how can I minister to others?" We've all been there and have stood on the edge of a ministry opportunity facing doubts and fears. "What if they don't believe me?" "I don't have a degree in theology...what do I know?" All these questions and thoughts cloud our perspective and leave us unmoved and powerless -- unless we grab hold of the Truth.
2 Corinthians 3: "It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God." NLT
Yes, we are weak vessels. Yes, we may stumble at times, but our power does not lie inside ourselves. Our power comes from the One who created heaven and earth. The power that raised Jesus from the dead is the same power that fills us as followers of Christ. It is God who equips us and strengthens us for ministry. Whether you are a full time pastor or a volunteer at the church, God is the One equipping you to impact lives for eternity. Admit your weaknesses and then step out in faith trusting the power of the One who has saved you. In Him, you will find victory over fear and power to reach a lost and dying world with the Gospel.

Life Lesson: When the Lord calls you into ministry, He alone equips you.
Dear God,
Thank You for the salvation found in Jesus Christ. I praise You for the forgiveness of sins and the new life. Father, help me to overcome my fears or doubts. Empower me to step out in faith into ministry wherever I am today. Use me to reach this lost world for Christ. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comments: I do not know why God uses us who have gone down roads that should have heaped coals on our heads yet He does and often with wonderful results. Moses was one of thoses who killed and ran away and felt he could not trust God to give him the words to say to Pharoh so God gave him one to speak for him.
God qualifies us to do the work He calls us to do and we do not have to prepare yet the more we know His word and understand His ways by reading His word and talking to Him the better we are at fulfilling things He calls us to do/say.
When we read His word study His ways we allow Him to work in us through the Holy Spirits teaching and growing us. The Abba takes us the raw knowledge He has shown us and molds us and forms us into the gold and silver to shine for His glory. Of course the burning off of dross to make us into the gold and silver can be exttremely uncomfortable and often we want to run from the flames yet as Daniel in the lions den and his companions in the furnace we do not go through the trials alone. He goes with us and protects us if we keep our eyes and hearts on him.
He will place us where He wants us. Are you willing friend to go where He asks and do what He asks of you? Say yes and life is sweet even in the flames because of His presence in and with you. Heavenly Father give us the strength, Your strength to go where you ask and do what you request to bring honor and glory to Your Holy Name. In Jesus we pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment