Sunday, January 22, 2012

John 20:15


John 20:15
Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?"

Jesus asked two very insightful questions of Mary at this point: "Why are you weeping?" and "Whom are you seeking?" Often in life we find ourselves in a place where we feel like crying and other times find ourselves in tears. Jesus sees those tears and wants to dry them ... if we will let Him.

... We need to allow Jesus, through the hands and wisdom of others, to tend to our tears. Sometimes, though, we become strangely comfortable with pain and sadness. They become almost like old familiar friends. Jesus wants to be the better friend. For some it may mean breaking a cycle long established, for others it may mean coming out of a short season of pain.

Seek Jesus. Realize that in the midst of trial, trouble, turmoil and temptation, He is there with you. You may need to turn around to face Him. He wants to pull you out of your problems and liberate you from sadness but before He does He wants to walk with you through the valley. Even when you are in the valley of the shadow of death, He is there. May you know He is there to dry your tears, lighten your load and be a closer friend than any you have ever known. Loved one, right now take a few minutes out of your busy day and turn to Him. You will be glad you did. And so will He.

Life Lesson: Seek Jesus.

Dear Father,
Thank You for sticking by me through good times and bad times. You are the true friend. Sometimes I become content to wallow in self pity. Please forgive me for that and humble me to allow You, through the hands of others, to comfort and even challenge me to step out of the mire. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

  • (This is my husband David who journeys with me and has for 35 years).
  • JoAnn Minor When I feel like giving into the temptation to give myself over to crying I read several of the Psalms. I love 32, 55 and 62 as well as many others yet those have given me such support and strength and joy. What ones help you leave off saddness for self? Or just plain saddness because of things happening in life? I know for me if I am seeking after Him it all works out and He dries my tears with His love.
  • Of course there was a time in my life that I did not live this way. A time before I was saved yet thought I was going to heaven if I died. Thank you Lord for not letting me die before my salvation was assured. You are truely merciful to me. Amen
  • I remember when some of my older girls were teens, my present husband and I had not been married for too many years and I had several little ones as well. There were probably 7 to 9 children in the home at the time and I was doing in-Home Daycare. We had been in a Catholic Cult for years by that time and things were pretty riged as to what was expected of a female, wife and mother. I am sure the guies felt the same way about expectations for men, husbands and Dads. About this time our older girls were getting into drugs, alcohol and sex and running away so I was overwhelmed. I would give my problems to God, "Here Lord they are yours, you handle this." and the very next second I was taking it all back and if it was about one who was on the run I would be calling all their friends homes and the police and hospitals and sometimes the morgue. Interspersed with "giving it all back to the Lord" lol.
  • I remember writing in a diary (hope I destroyed it and if I did not I will find it and share some of my wrong thinking) and had selfpity parties within the pages.
  • Even after I came to the Lord I still had not clue what it all meant and it was years before the Lord brought me to His true teaching and His Word's understanding. He is still growing my knowledge, understanding and wisdom, the big difference ... the people He has placed to join me in my walk with Him. Some are my teachers, some I am used to teach and some we just hold eachother up. I heard it put so some we are Paul, some we are Timothys and some were just fellow journers helping eachother along the road.

Well, enough for today. May you be blessed as you join me in my walk and I join yours. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment