Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Acts 3:1-11, Acts 4:8-14 (ESV)

Acts 3:1-11 tells how Peter and John, right in front of the crowd going into the Jerusalem temple, miraculously healed a forty-year-old man who had been born lame. He was a beggar known to almost everyone in Jerusalem. When the people saw the man leaping about and praising God, they were astounded.

Peter seized the opportunity to preach a powerful sermon, resulting in his and John's immediate arrest (Acts 3:12-4:7). They then stood before the Jewish authorities. Acts 4:8-14, ESV, tells you what happened:

"Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, 'Rulers of the people and elders, if we are being examined today concerning a good deed done to a crippled man, by what means this man has been healed, let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead--by him this man is standing before you well. This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.'

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus. But seeing the man who was healed standing beside them, they had nothing to say in opposition."

For many years like those people I thought I knew the truth and it took loosing everything I thought important in my life to bring me to the truth of the Gospel. I saw and had many miracles in my life yet did not truly see.

I had an Aunt and a cousin who prayed over my 2nd child (a daughter) when the Dr.'s said she had a deformed kidney. They laid hands on her and by the time I came from AK to a good hospital she was already recovering so well the Dr.'s there thought she must have only had pneumonia. Dr.'s do not mistake a deformed kidney for pneumonia. Still I did not hear the true Word of God. I am sure my Aunt would have been willing to tell it to me if she had thought I had ears to hear with. She was a wonderful lady of God.

I know she prayed for me all of her life until she passed on. Her memory stays with me as a guiding light on faith and trusting in the Lord Jesus. Her son was the same as was my Uncle. I pray for my family as they did for me and others in our family. I pray for all of you as well and your families, may you all know or come to know the saving grace of Jesus the Christ. In Jesus name. Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment