Saturday, September 8, 2012

Reborn in Christ Jesus



Reborn in Jesus Christ
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
1 Corinthians 15:42-43, NKJV
"So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power."
Ephesians 1:13-14 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."
My Comments: I happen to be one of the seeds that took a long time to germinate and grow. True I was planted in the soil of a church that was deficient in good soil (truth) and like the seed that is blown around by different winds I did the same thing. When I finally heard the truth of the word and accepted Jesus I was like the seed that  thirsted and finally been given a drink of fresh water. I was reborn in Christ Jesus and became a Child of God.
Though after I received that drink of fresh water (Born Again) I did not find nourishment or the sunshine only the Lord can provide. Well, I guess I did yet not in abundance because I was not reading from a good version of the word of God (the Bible) and I did not have solid teaching (I was not in a good solid Bible believing/teaching Church that believed in the whole work of God) for many years after I accepted the Lords righteousness. Then the Lord took things in hand and showed me the error of my way and transplanted me to richer soil. Yet at the time it did not seem like that is what was happening. Yet like the Followers of the Way in the beginning of the Church times what happened to us caused us to get closer to the Lord and dig deeper into His word.
My husband lost his job, we lost our home, car and kept trying to grow in the unhealthy soil. After two years we finally gave up and eventually went bankrupt (if we had trusted the Lord we would not have had to do go bankrupt). The transplanting came when we went to a home we had purchased for retirement, out at the ocean. It was full of black mold, the roof fell off and we had to do the repairs in hurricane storm wind, while living there yet we were on the right road. We went to school and I received the right training for two or more hours a day to and from town.
The soil became an enriching one and as I started to grow stronger I convinced my hubby to listen to the true word of God and eventually we were both strong transplants though he had not accepted Jesus yet. He did later though he understood the truth sooner but he took longer to understand the church he had been brought up in was not truly teaching the word of God  and had changed the word and had traditions that went against the word of God.
Now I am (my hubby has since gone home to be with the Lord)  following God and being refreshed by the river of life and fed on the word of God and fellowship with the Lord who is the Son of God and one with God. Now I am a strong plant and because I am nourished by and strengthened by God through His Word, I spread His seeds so others may grow, be nourished, watered and enriched by the Word of God, by the Son of God, with the rivers of living water.
Abba Father, Thank You for Your nourishment and for planting us in good soil. Steep us in Your truth, the truth of Your Word. Thank You for blessing us with rivers of living water and You shining Your light on us with love and grace. Keep us in the palm of Your hand and tend the garden of our souls so we become straight and strong and growing only in the light of Your Son Jesus Christ. Grow our roots deep into Your Word of truth and plant our feet solidly on the Rock of our Salvation (Jesus). Thank You for bringing us the Word and filling us with the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, so we may do the work You have planned for us to do from the beginning of time. Keep us from all evil and help us to spread the seed that brings others to the truth of Your Word. In Jesus' Name in union with the Holy Spirit. Amen
Rebishka


No comments:

Post a Comment