Wednesday, September 12, 2012

God offers Salvation


God offers Salvation. John 15:1-27, John 16:1-4, English Standard Version (ESV)
 
John 15:1-27 (ESV)
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. 17 These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

18 "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: 'They hated me without a cause.' 26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.
 
John 16:1-4 (ESV)
1 "I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. 2 They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. 3 And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you. "I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.
 
The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers.
Find this and more at http://www.biblestudytools.com/.
 
My Comments: When we come to Jesus, as in the days of Jesus’ ministry on earth and for the Christians after Jesus ascended into heaven, We know we will experience hardship in His name. Yet no matter how hard the problems or persecution we experience today, it is worth it to us because of the promises of the Father for those who come to Him through His Son Jesus. That is the blessing, the grace, the righteousness of Jesus that we received after becoming the adopted sons and daughters of the God of Heaven and Earth, the First and the Last, The Beginning and the End, The Alpha and the Omega!
 
I am awed, thankful, and filled with joy with the promises to the children of God. Of whom I am one. The world talks about being blown away by a song or a circumstance or worldly love. They do not know what true “blown away” by the Spirit is. It is so consuming it took people into the arena with lions attacking themselves and their loved ones as they sang praises to the God of Heaven because they knew where they were headed. It was what allowed many in the Twin Towers to allow others to live and waited even though they knew they may not live here because they knew they were saved and would be going home to heaven. It’s what allows a drowning saved person to give their lifesaver to a total stranger even though they will drown because they have the assurance of the God of Heaven that because they have come to Him through His Son, they will live forever.
 
And in this day and age there are believers in many countries like Africa, China, Russia willing to die rather than renounce their belief in Jesus and the God of Heaven and Earth. Many still pay the ultimate price to take the Word of God to the world so that more may live with God in heaven when they leave this world. Many are persecuted for following the Way of Christ and often that persecution ends up in the physical death of them and their loved ones yet where this persecution goes on the Word is spread even quicker. God is amazing. This is what happened in the time after Jesus was Crucified on the Cross. Persecution spread the Gospel of Jesus faster than a wildfire!
 
God the Father loved the whole world so He sent His Son Jesus. Jesus being one with God the Father, loved the whole world so He came to earth as a human born to a virgin, in a stable, and was persecuted and died for our sins. Because He first loved us we love Him and because we love Him and are commanded to love others we take the Gospel to the World so they may receive the salvation He brought to us all.
 
No matter what we have done. We have already had the price paid for by the God who loved us enough to come to earth for us and die for us and who rose that we may be righteous because of His sacrifice. We only need accept His grace which is free to all. I pray you may all know His grace is sufficient for your salvation.  Only those who accept His free gift of salvation will live with Him in Heaven all others by not accepting His free gift are choosing Hell. How can we refuse to take this message of love to a dieing world?
 
Unless one accepts the Gospel of Jesus Christ and is covered by His righteousness they will not go the Heaven. Sounds condemning yet it is their choice.Yet on the other hand if they do not want to serve and praise Him here why would they want to go to Heaven where we will spend eternity praising and serving our God and creator.  I pray they all choose the Way of the Cross and Jesus. I pray all will come to the saving grace of Jesus Christ so they will live.
 
Abba help all who read Your Word, have eyes to see and ears to hear and Your loving Heart. I pray You help them to know Your truths and have understanding through the guidance of Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for the free gift of salvation and help us to live so others will know You through us. We praise You and glorify Your Holy Name. In Jesus’ Name. Amen
Rebishka
 
 
 

2 comments: