Thursday, September 13, 2012

May the Truth of God Abide in You.


My Comments: May the truth of God abide in you. as you can see from these few passages, Jesus in the book of John,  and elsewhere as well, in the Bible, says much about the Father, Himself and the Holy Spirit as well as what we can expect and what we are to do. I hope you enjoy this study.

John 16:4-15, English Standard Version (ESV) The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.
4 But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you. "I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, 'Where are you going?' 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. 12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

The Father sent His only begotten Son, Jesus (John 14:6-8 ESV), and the Son sent the Holy Spirit of Truth so we would understand the Word of God and be able to have a relationship with the Father, our Father, our Daddy, Abba. The Holy Spirit glorifies the Son and the Son glorifies the Father. When we do the things the Lord set for us to do we glorify Abba as well. We can only glorify our Abba by becoming His through the righteousness of the Cross of Jesus and loving the world as He loves us and being willing to do all we can so all will come to the righteousness of Jesus. We love because He first loved us.

Until someone is convicted of their sin which seperates them from the Father, until they understand the Love of the Father, they will not come to the foot of the Cross and accept Jesus as their Savior John 12:4-50 ESV). Until they accept His righteousness (John 14:1 ESV) they cannot be filled with the Holy Spirit who guides us into all truth. How can they hear if we do not go? When we know the truth we share it with a world gone dark with sin and full of the deceit of the evil one. When we share the truth of the Gospel of Jesus we give others the choice to choose life or death. That is the Love Jesus gave everywhere He walked and to everyone who was willing to listen.

Sometimes we are just planting a the seed of truth in the heart of someone we witness to. Sometimes we are watering the seed of truth dropped by another believer and even more rarely are we present when the seed takes root and flourishes into a believer. Then we may be blessed to watch the roots grow deep into the word of God and the branches bear fruit for Christ as the person matures in their relationship with Abba.

None of this would be possible if the Lord had not gone to the Cross, died and rose from the dead and gone to heaven to prepare a place for us. When He went He sent the Holy Spirit to live in us who accept the Gospel of Jesus. The Holy Spirit was in the world always yet not in people. From that time on He would be in those who became true followers of Jesus the Christ.

He shared these words given in these verses so we would not fall away, so they would not fall away because He knew there were extremely hard things coming to many of them. They would experence persecution, horrible deaths of body, ridicule and many atrocities and they needed to be prepared to endure to the end. They needed to know what the goal was, the prize awaiting them (John 14:2-5, 16:33, 17:1-26 ESV). We are His given to Him by the Father. Those who truly accept Him will be kept by Him and we will have His love in us.

 John 16:16-28, (ESV)
16 "A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me." 17 So some of his disciples said to one another, "What is this that he says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me'; and, 'because I am going to the Father'?" 18 So they were saying, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We do not know what he is talking about." 19 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, "Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, 'A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me'? 20 Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. 21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 25 "I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech but will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; 27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father."
Also, you may want to read John 15:1-12 (As it speaks to who He and the Father are.)

John 15:1-12, (ESV)

15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. Ifyou abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

John 14:1-8, (ESV)

14 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord,we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.[d] From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”

John 16:33, (ESV)

33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

John 12:4-50, (ESV)

But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (he who was about to betray him), said, “Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?” He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it. Jesus said, “Leave her alone, so that she may keep itfor the day of my burial. For the poor you always have with you, but you do not always have me.” When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. 10 So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well,11 because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus. 12 The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. 13 So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!” 14 And Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, just as it is written,
15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion;
behold, your king is coming,
    sitting on a donkey's colt!”
16 His disciples did not understand these things at first, but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things had been written about him and had been done to him. 17 The crowd that had been with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to bear witness. 18 The reason why the crowd went to meet him was that they heard he had done this sign. 19 So the Pharisees said to one another, “You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, the world has gone after him.” 20 Now among those who went up to worship at the feast were some Greeks.21 So these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and asked him, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” 22 Philip went and told Andrew; Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus. 23 And Jesus answered them, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.25 Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. 27 “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” 30 Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth,will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die. 34 So the crowd answered him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?” 35 So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.”  When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.37 Though he had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in him, 38 so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
“Lord, who has believed what he heard from us,
    and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
39 Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said,
40 “He has blinded their eyes
    and hardened their heart,
lest they see with their eyes,
    and understand with their heart, and turn,
    and I would heal them.”
41 Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him.42 Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God. 44 And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. 45 And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given mea commandment—what to say and what to speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”

John 17:1, (ESV)

17 When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 
My Comments continued: The goal for all of us who have accepted the truth of God through the Cross of Jesus, is to live forever in Heaven with our Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and all the saints and angels true to Abba. Jesus has promised us He will come again and take us up with Him and until He comes or we go home to be with Him then we are here to do His bidding and be His hands and feet doing whatever needs doing and learning more about the one who won our hearts and saved our souls. There is nothing in this world that compares to the treasure God has in store for us who walk the way of the believer.
Abba Father, may Your truths flourish and grow in our hearts and minds so we will truly follow Your Son, Jesus, who You sent to bring us to You through His intercession. May we grow in faith and truth by the guidance and instruction of Your Holy Spirit so we will glorify You in all we say and do. Bring us into right relationship with You, Abba, and give us Your heart to love as You love for Your glory and the salvation of souls. Thank You Abba for sending Your Son, for loving us, for wanting a relationship with us and for never giving up on us. Show us what You want us to do and send Your guide, Your Holy Spirit to fill us with Your knowledge and understanding and give us Your peace and make us light in a dark world and through us may rivers of living water flow out into a thirsting world in Your name Jesus in union with the Holy Spirit I pray. Amen
Rebishka

1 comment:

  1. Updated because I wanted to place the Scripture for those who do not have access to a Bible. I used the English Standard Version and encourage all to use this, the New King James Version or old King James and the American Standard Version as they are good solid translations. Be careful of paraphrased versions.

    ReplyDelete