Wednesday, September 19, 2012

To see Jesus and be in the courts of the Lord



My Soul Longs for the Courts of the Lord

1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts! 2 My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. 3 Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God. 4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah 5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. 6 As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools. 7 They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion. 8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah 9 Behold our shield, O God; look on the face of your anointed! 10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. 12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!
My Comments: Today my husband and I received word that his cancer might be coming to the end and my sweetheart said, "I will be going home to see Jesus soon." I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves God so much. This verse speaks to how he is feeling though this is a verse from before our time. There is no better place than in the courts of the Lord God and non better to shield us in times of trouble than the Creator of the Universe. I pray you will or do know Him as your protector, sun and shield, and that one day you and I will meet with my loved ones in the courts of the Most High God.

Abba grant Your grace upon all who read these words that they may all know and have faith in You and Your Word. Fill them with trust in Your Word and Your promises oh, Lord and grant that they will walk all the days of their lives in relationship with You. Fill them Father with Your Holy Spirit and give them a hunger and thirst for Your Word and communion with You. Help them to accept the gracious gift of Jesus and the Gospel of Jesus on the Cross. May they walk upright before You all the rest of their days and be shielded in the crook of Your wings. In Jesus name, Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment