Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Through His body and blood we are made one with Him; 1 Corinthians 10;16, Luke 22:19/20.

1 Corinthians 10:16
"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?"
NKJV

Communion is a blessed time for any believer. Each element presented is a picture of the ultimate sacrifice of our loving Savior. As we take the bread, we remember our Lord as He was beaten by soldiers and spit upon by those who hated Him. When we look at the cup, we catch a glimpse of the blood that was shed on the cross so that we could be forgiven. These two elements help followers of Christ to understand the penalty of their sins while rejoicing in a God who has made a way for them to be cleansed of all they've done wrong.
Luke 22:19-20 "And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you." NKJV
In the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus accepted the cup that was placed before Him by the Father. It was the cup of our sins and the punishment that we deserved. Now in its place, Jesus offers us a new cup. The cup He offers is a cup of blessings, hope and eternal life. We may try to drink from other cups in this world, but only one leads to salvation. Drink deep my friend and taste and see that the Lord is good.
Life Lesson: Be careful what cup you drink from.
Dear Father,
Lord, I know that I have sinned against You. I realize that when You died on the cross You were taking the punishment that I deserved. Thank You for Your sacrifice. Forgive me for all the things that I have done wrong. I desire to drink deeply of Your cup - the cup of blessings. Each time I take communion, may I remember the sacrifice You made for me and may it lead me to tell others about Your amazing gift. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comments: From a small child I loved going to Communion and now as an adult I understand what it really means. Especially now that I have lived and know how much my Lord and Savior gave up and went through for me to be in Communion with Him. I know His Love and can now be in Communion with Him continually. This amazes me and fills me with such joy and peace. I drink of His cup daily as all who follow Him should. His body, His blood have redeemed us and all we have to do is say, "Yes Lord" and we are in communion with Him and filled with the joy of the Lord and His Holy Spirit. He sacrificed all so we could be in communion with Him. What a God we serve!!
Abba Thank You for Your Sacrifice, for Your Son for loving us so much and wanting us to be Yours. May we always be one with You in the body and blood or our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment