Monday, August 20, 2012

God does not want any to perish. 2 Peter 2:9, 2 Peter 3:9.

2 Peter 2:9
"then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment,"
Too much of the world, it seems, has always been in a battle of good and evil. We see people do evil deeds and desire to see justice done. Sometimes, we can even get impatient waiting for justice. After all, wouldn't it be best for God to get rid of all the evil people in the world? Friend, if he did, then none of us would be here. The reality is that God's grace is on us all. He is perfect in his justice and will punish those who do evil. However, He is also full of mercy and desires that none should perish. Peter puts it this way...
2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." NKJV
One day, God will return to punish evil, but until then, He is giving evil people time to turn to Him for forgiveness and grace. Because of His patience, men like the apostle Paul went from being a hater of Jesus and His followers to being the greatest missionary to walk the planet. That same change is happening all over our world as people's hearts are changed by the Gospel.
Life Lesson: God is patient in judgment. He will punish or reward at the perfect time.
Dear God,
Thank You for Your grace and for being so patient with me. Father, help me to walk in that grace and to share Your love and mercy with others. In this world of pain, help me to trust in You even when I may not understand all that is happening around me. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Cross the Bridge Ministries

My Comments: One time I told a friend I pray for the Lord to come again and take us up away from all the evil and pain. His comment to me was, "Oh, I hope not, as I don't want Him to come before my loved ones are saved." I understand that yet I want Him to come. I want the fullness of the Gentiles time to be done and for Christ to be coming again. I know there are many who will not be caught up when He comes. I also, pray all of mine are among the Caught up yet I do not want to pray against the will of God. The Word of God tells us to pray for that time. I do and I pray for all my friends, loved ones and any who come into my life even for a moment, to come to salvation.
I pray for all of them to be changed by the Gospel of Jesus so their sin will be covered by the blood of Jesus the Lamb of God. I pray they will turn from evil and embrace  their Father in heaven who loved them enough to send His only begotten Son to redeem all of us. I pray they will avoid the punishment we all are due unless we turn to the perfect sacrifice given to us by You Father because You love us so much You do not want any to perish. Yet it is their choice if they want salvation or not and if they go to heaven or hell by whether they accept the Gospel of Jesus or not. There is no other way. There is no other one who can save. There is nothing else nor anyone that can redeem us from sin! Only Jesus can because You, His Father and ours, sent Him to earth to give us His righteousness if we will accept His gift.
Abba thank You for the gift of salvation You have given freely to us sinners who deserve punishment. There was only one who was born without sin and that was Your only Son, Jesus. Now we who have accepted His sacrifice, which obtained for us salvation, humbly come before You and Thank You for the sacrifice of Your Son. We thank You for Your love that You would provide a way for us to be adopted by You and in that adoption become Sons and Daughters of the King. One day we will be with You in heaven and rejoice with the saints and angels. One day we will be able to go before You with our advocate Jesus. Oh, glorious day!
Father we pray for all of our loved ones, friends and relations, acquaintances and lift them up to You through Your Son and ask You to bring them to the saving knowledge and grace of the Cross. Bring them to Yourself through the righteousness of Jesus. Help them to know they are sinners and need a savior. Help them to humble themselves before Your throne and ask Your forgiveness. Give them a hunger and thirst for Your Word, knowledge and understanding and give them wisdom as they study Your Word. Grow their roots into the soil of Your Word and plant their feet on the solid rock of their salvation. Hide them beneath Your wing and plant Your faith, trust and joy in their hearts. Give them Your strength and teach them to walk upright with You always. Keep them from evil and help them to flee darkness and walk Your path always.
We ask all in the name of Your Son Jesus. Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment