Saturday, August 25, 2012

Are you crazy for Jesus? 2 Corinthians 5:13.

2 Corinthians 5:13
If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit.
NLT
The word 'crazy' is not often used to describe someone in a positive way. You may use crazy to describe that one relative you don't get along with or maybe the small children who seem to climb everything. Whatever the use of this word, crazy is mostly seen as negative...but imagine being crazy in Christ.

If crazy means different or odd, isn't that what Jesus called us to be? The world says to fight for yourself, but Jesus says to think of others first. The world says we must do whatever pleases us, but Jesus told us to die to ourselves. The world says there are many ways to heaven, but Jesus said "I am the Way the Truth and the Life." From the world's point of view, Jesus was crazy and so are we if we follow Him. Crazy in Christ means giving up of ourselves, our comforts and our desires for the sake of God and others. It means self-sacrifice and loving your enemies. It is completely contrary to anything the world says. So, today as you walk out the door set your heart and mind on being crazy in Christ. Love God, love others and watch as your craziness changes the world.
life Lesson: To be viewed as different or even crazy is probably healthy in this confused world.
Dear God,
I am so thankful for the new life You have given me in Jesus. Help me to walk in the Spirit even though it may seem crazy to others. I desire to be a blessing to others no matter the cost to myself. Fill me with Your Spirit so that I can be used for Your Kingdom. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee of Cross the Bridge Ministries
 
My Comments: My whole family thinks of me as crazy. Crazy for believing in Jesus the Christ. Crazy for not doing things they do like drinking and believing in pot being okay to take. I remember my Mom thought I was crazy because I did not agree with making prostitution legal and some in my family feel the same about marijuana but mostly it comes down to believing God's word and following Jesus and His teachings which came from the Father.
Well, they can call me crazy for not agreeing with them about worldly things. It doesn't matter because those will be or not be whatever the world follows. And they can call me crazy for following my Lord and Savior Jesus and I will rejoice because it is for His glory I suffer the slings and arrows of those who say they love me when I know the one who truly loves me unconditionally is my Father in heaven.
When we decided to follow the Lord Jesus we decided it did not matter what the world thought of us only what the King of heaven thinks. To the world we look foolish and to God we are fulfilling our purpose and shining His light into a very dark world that is getting darker all the time. We know only if we continue to bring truth to the world we will finish the race and hear, "Well done good and faithful servant."
Abba thank You so much for loving us so much. Thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to bring light to a dark world. Thank You for sending the bread of Life so we may be fed by the truth of Your word forever. Thank You for the River of Life that will refreshes us so we may not thirst. Though we appear as crazy to a world gone crazy we will stay the course and with Your help and guidance Father we will one day hear, "Well done good and faithful servant."  We praise You Abba for all Your love and for filling us with Your Holy Spirit who guides, teaches and fills us with Your knowledge. Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment