Tuesday, May 15, 2012


God always hears and always answers, Romans 1:9/10.
Romans 1:9/10
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you."
NKJV
God always hears and answers the prayers of His children. He may not answer them in the way we want Him to, but God does answer. His answer may sometimes be "no." But even so, praise Him... God knows our needs much better than we do. Too often when we pray, it is like we are writing up a contract that we ask God to sign.
"Alright God, just need your signature right there and we're done. I've got it mapped and planned out. No reason for You to get involved in the 'hows' or the 'whys'. Just sign and we're all done."
Sound familiar? Instead, we should pray for great things with a willing heart seeking to be obedient to God's will. We should give thanks in all circumstances and say...
"Lord, thank You for loving me. What is Your will in my situation? You know my needs and my desires, but I want Your will to be done in Your own way. Use me however You want to Lord."

Do you have a willing heart?
Life Lesson: God answers prayer in His own timing and in His own way.
Dear Father,
Thank You that Your will for me is good. Thank You for Your grace and mercy. Lord, You know my needs and wants. You know my troubles and fears. I want Your will to be done in my life in Your own way. Use me however you want to. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

My Comments: Often I hear people even mature Christians praying as if God were their personal genie in a bottle who because they pray in Jesus Name expect God to perform for them. That is not trust or faith that is assuming to order God around. If my child came to me or my Grandchild and said they wanted something that would not be good for them or they were to young for or had not the experience to use what they are asking for should I give it to them because they ask a certain way?  Absolutely not! Even if they ask with the best smile or the nicest words if it is not good for them or the right time for them to have it my answer might be “No” or “wait” or at times, “Let me see how your behave.” Only an indulgent parent or a bad parent would give to their child something that would hurt them no matter how much they pleaded or screamed or asked nicely.

God loves us much more than we could ever love our children or Grandchildren so why do folks think He would do something they should not do with their offspring?

There were times my children would say mean things if I did not do what they wanted. They were unhappy because they did not get what they asked for. They did not want to learn the lessons they needed me to teach them as their loving parent. Yet I had to love them enough at times to say “No.”

My husband is very ill. I cherish every moment I spend with him. Those moments are gifts from God. Would I love for him to be totally healed. Of course. Have I prayed for him to be healed? Yes. Do I expect God to heal him. One way or another. By that I mean He will heal his body or he will take him to heaven and heal him that way and I trust God’s answer however He gives it. Our hearts are willing for His answer and we rejoice in His timing and His answer and the time He is giving us to grow through this trial and waiting on Him.

Abba Father we praise You for all You are doing in our lives, for how You use us and for the joy You give us daily. Thank You Father for Your loving kindness, compassion and Your saving grace. We are Yours and we live to serve You. We trust You and lean not on our own understanding. We draw strength from Your Word and seek to align our wills to Yours in all things and at all times. Help us to grow stronger in our faith and trust in You. In Jesus precious name. Amen

Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment