Tuesday, May 15, 2012


Jesus is worthy to be praised and worshipped; Revelation 5:8-11, Revelation 19:1-9, Revelation 7:9-12, Psalm 145, Revelation 4:8-11, Revelation 11:15-19.
What's the greatest worship experience you've ever had? What was so powerful, so holy and so celebratory that it drove you to your knees? Or had you shouting and singing and praising God in ways you'd never imagined? Fix that picture in your mind--and then multiply it by a thousand. And you'll begin to have a sense of what worship will be like when we gather before Jesus, the Lamb of God.

Receive
Revelation is filled with those moments. Let's start with Revelation 5:8-10: "And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying,
'Worthy are you to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation,
and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,
and they shall reign on the earth'" (ESV).
The key to worship is in that first word of the song: "Worthy." It means "ascribing or expressing the worth of someone or something." In true worship, that someone is Jesus.
Why is He worthy? Well, as the song tells us, because He was slain; He ransomed us with His blood and He makes us a kingdom of priests. Throughout Scripture, we learn Jesus is worthy of our worship because He is the Son of God; He is perfect, holy, righteous, loving, merciful, just, faithful, etc. Everything about Him, all that He is, is worth our attention, our devotion, our praise and our worship. No other can compare.

Pick two or three of these worship scenes in Revelation to examine more closely.


·         Where is the focus placed?

·         What are the words of worship? The actions of worship?

·         What attitude is common among those who are worshiping?

Reflect

·         How did your view of Jesus change as you read the preceding worship scenes?

·         How might you apply the expressions of worship you read about in Revelation to your worship?

When we begin to grasp the awesome spectrum of His worthiness, then our worship grows beyond music or services or ritual. It becomes the response of a heart that acknowledges and embraces the immense treasure wrapped up in Christ the Lamb. It's not about us, what we have or even what or how we can give back to God; it's all about Him. That's what drives the creatures and elders of Revelation 5 to the ground before Him.

Respond

Worship is not limited to singing or prayer or even our actions when we're gathered with other believers. It can be private and personal or public and shared. But the focus is always the same: Jesus Christ.

·         What do you currently do as worship?

·         What can you change based on the examples found in Revelation?

·         How will you share your experience of worship with other believers?

Look over your schedule for the next two or three days and see if you can make a time for focused worship on Christ. Borrow words from Scripture (like Psalm 145); use music; get on your knees or even face down, whatever will help you to recognize the Lamb as worthy of your worship. Don't make it about you and what you need or want but bring your praise and express the worthiness of Christ back to Him. By Back to the Bible



My Comments: Sometimes busy Mom’s and working Father’s find it hard to or feel they have to take time to do some formal worship. You know by reading the Word or kneeling down and praying. Yet when I was raising my 11 children there was not always time to stop and take a breath let alone take time to read the word of God or get on my knees (I did these yet not daily at times). I had to learn to keep a continual dialogue with God. My work with my children and later my In-Home Day Care became my prayers and thanksgiving. I offered all, in my life up to Him who created me, as my prayers. Often I feel asleep while praying at night and woke praying to Him as the day started. Those times I still cherish with Him.

Now the children are grown and some have gone on to be with our Lord. We had one who I did not raise as he passed on at three and a half months and one passed on last year at 39 so now there are 10 and lots of Grands and Great Grands and I get to enjoy them. My season has changed. I have more time. I can pray continually and walk continually with the Lord and I enjoy singing to Him in prayer and supplication. I also, love listening to some great teachers on the radio or CD’s and tapes of the Bible which are great to listen to when I am painting or relaxing, as I can close my eyes and see the pictures created by the Words.

 I would love to have had the tapes when I was raising the children and Mom’s are fortunate if they can utilize different means of studying the Word. What I am saying is the Lamb of God is worthy to be praised studied and walked with. You and I can find a way to meet Him face to face even in the most difficult or busiest of times.

I am not suggesting you should get up an hour earlier because I know you probably get very little sleep as it is if you are raising children or going to school or even as many are holding down more than one job to make ends meet. Who ever you are, whatever your life looks like you can find a way to be in relationship with the Lord God and whether it is by reading or listening to His Word, by singing songs or His praises or just by sitting quietly with Him on your short break, use the moments God gives you to refresh yourself in Him and grow your relationship, knowledge and understanding of Him and know He is worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment