Thursday, May 31, 2012


We are saved through Christ Jesus; Romans 2:28/29, Joel 2:13, Ephesians 2:8-10, Matthew 25:31-46.

Romans 2:28-29
"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God."
NKJV

Who or what are you trusting in? Do you trust in rituals or Jesus? Do you place your trust in baptism, catechism, confirmation or church membership? If your trust is in these things, then my friend, it is misplaced. Do you think you are a Christian because you go to church or because your parents were Christians? None of these things mean you are a Christian. The Apostle Paul says we should examine ourselves to make certain we are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). Faith leads to works, not the other way around. If you are counting on works, you need to re-evaluate. God is concerned with the inward man, not with outward pomp or show.

Joel 2:13 "So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the LORD your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm." NKJV

God is interested in the heart, the inward you. He is not interested in our outward traditions or rituals. So test yourself, what works are in your life? "Wait a second, Pastor David. I thought it wasn't about works." Friend, if you have repented and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the 'outward works' should change according to the 'inward working' of the Spirit of God in you. Let your heart be softened, and let your actions be changed; not placing your confidence in your own works, but in the work that God is doing in you.

Life Lesson: Let your heart and your actions be changed.

Dear Father,
Help me to place my trust in You. Change my heart so that my actions reflect the work You are doing in me. Thank You for working in me so that I may be a blessing to others. In Jesus' name, Amen.


Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee


My Comments: So often I find myself saying to those who consider themselves Christians, “Does your life reflect what you profess with your mouth?” I am sure you have heard people express, “I don’t know if I am saved,” or “I don’t know if I am good enough to go to heaven.” We can all be assured if we were sincere when we asked the Lord for forgiveness of our sin and to be His. Then we can check ourselves out by how we live our lives. Are we turning from sin? Are we reading the word and hungering to understand what God has for us to do? Are we doing good works not to be saved but because we are saved? Are we in the body and giving of ourselves and our time and even if possible our money for the growth of and health of the body?

None of these things will save us yet they show where our hearts are. Only Christ Jesus saves not works or living a spotless life.  I cannot imagine a day where I do not wake up desiring to be in relationship with the Lord and to be doing His will in my life. The more we are working with Him and for Him the more we desire to be doing. It grows. Likewise the more we study His word for knowledge and understanding and wisdom the more we desire to be in the word. The Lord and companionship with Him becomes so fulfilling we desire more and more of Him.

We have all had at least one friend who we loved to visit with who understood us who was there for us (hopefully). Well the Lord is an even stronger friend (and if you’ve never had at least one He is everything you imagined in a friend). Yet many do not know Him well because they stay mired in themselves and their world as they want it rather than seeking Him out to build relationship with.

When you meet a person who you want to know better you make effort by calling them up or going to their home or out to coffee with them. Right? You build a relationship. Yet many think all they have to do it say words and they are saved. They do not know they have to open themselves to a relationship with the Creator of the Universe, their Creator and they have to seek Him out and seek to do all He enjoys to build a closer relationship.

It is not hard. In fact it is very easy you just have to start and the easiest way is to study His Words (study Him after all this is what we do with a new friend) and get to know Him.

Everywhere I go I want Him with me and I do not want to go where He does not want me to go. For me that is very simple. I pray it will be for you as well my friend.

Abba grant that we will seek You and Your will and have a hunger and thirst for Your Word and relationship with You. We praise You and thank You for wanting to be our friend and our Savior. Even though it is incomprehensible to us that You our Creator, would choose to come to earth as a human, suffer and die for us when we have been such sinners, we thank You for Your sacrifice, for Your love and for the relationship You offer to us. May we gladly accept all You have to offer us with humility and joy. Protect us from the evil one and grow our roots deep into Your Word. Fill us with Your joy no matter what is happening in our lives. Enlighten us that we may grow in good works and Your love for all people. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit so we may have Your knowledge and understanding and wisdom, In Jesus name. Amen

Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment