Monday, April 2, 2012


Nahum 3:5, 2 Chronicles 7:14; guilt, fear, shame, humility and trusting God.

Nahum 3:5
"Behold, I am against you," says the LORD of hosts; "I will lift your skirts over your face, I will show the nations your nakedness, And the kingdoms your shame."
NKJV
In the last chapter of Nahum, God brings several charges against the city of Nineveh. One of these charges is their involvement in harlotry and sorcery. These two lifestyles thrive in the dark corners of society and desire to accomplish personal fulfillment with ungodliness. So what is God's plan to punish those involved? He is simply going to expose their sinfulness to everyone.
In our own lives, I believe we fear this more than anything else. We fear the thought of being "found out". Friend, God already knows our sins. There is nothing we can do to hide them from His perfect gaze, but there is good news. He desires to forgive us of those sins and all we need to do is be honest. When we come to God fully confessing our faults and failures to Him, He will wipe them away. On the other hand, if we try to hide our sins from Him, one day they will make it to the surface for all to see. Today, rather than hiding your sins, come to God, confess and watch as your burden is lifted. Experience the fresh forgiveness of your Heavenly Father.
Life Lesson: The cost of hidden sin is shame and exposure.
Dear God,
I come to You this morning to confess my sins to You. You tell me in the Bible that if I confess to You, You will wipe away all my sins and so I come this day asking for Your forgiveness. Continue to change my heart and make me more like Jesus. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

I feel this one should be presented with the first one:

2 Chronicles 7:14
"if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
NKJV
In today's society, it can be difficult to live a life that calls for us to be different. We excuse away bad behavior and submit to pressures that weigh on us - and we compromise. We try to do things our own way and resist doing things God's way. Second Chronicles 7:14 says, If we seek Him humbly and turn from our wrongdoings we can have this intimate relationship with Him. If we disobey Him, our lives will be consumed with ruin (Zephaniah 1:1-6). God longs for us to be obedient and desires a deep relationship with us. While we cannot live a perfect life, we can set our heart and minds on God and seek Him.

Are you living on the fence? Have you compromised in your relationship with other Christians, in prayer or in time with Him and His Word? Are you willing to seek God and turn away from your own selfish ways? Friend, the day is drawing near when God will intervene in each of our lives. In our inability to offer Him anything, He still accepts you and me. God provides a way out through His Son, Jesus, as payment for our sins--for those who place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ.
What will you decide today? You can decide now to live for Him, sit on the fence or reject Him and spend eternity separated from Him. This is an act of your will and no one can make the decision for you. The time is now.
Life Lesson: The warning was for them, and it still applies to us today.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the opportunity to examine my relationship with You. I have strayed, and I do not want to compromise my life anymore. I commit myself to You afresh. I admit that I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. I open the door of my heart and life to You. I receive You as my personal Lord and Savior. Right now, I ask for Your power to help me turn from my sins. Thank You for forgiving me and saving me. Help me to be a blessing to You and others with each day that You give to me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Cross The Bridge Ministries

My Comments: Today I heard Pastor Gayle Erwin speaking to these issues and the story he told of Jesus being called the Lion of Judah going out after us continually until we stop running and accept Him and all He offers (freedom, no guilt, no shame, no condemnation, perfect love and forgiveness because He paid the price for our sin).

Christ loved us so He left Heaven and came to earth to be humbled and born in a stable in a human body. He allowed Himself to be whipped spit on, abused, gossiped about, condemned as a criminal and hung on a cross (the most humiliating way to die in that age) because He loves you and He loves me and He loves the whole human race! That is simply amazing to me yet wonderful as well.

He wants relationship with all of us. He has already paid the price and all we have to do is trust Him and accept His gift of salvation to be “born again”.

Friends put fear away because once you accept Him you have nothing to fear. Put shame away because once you accept Him there is no more shame or condemnation as He took it all upon Himself. Turn away from those things that come between you and Him and follow Him. Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and He will do the rest in you that needs doing. Trust Him. He is trustworthy. He will prove it to you as He grows you and when we stop running from Him we find true peace and strength.

Abba Father, we pray You give us knowledge, understanding, discernment and grace to trust and follow You, to have relationship with You and to rest in You. Mostly we ask You help us, change us to become more like You want us to be. Thank you Father for Your sacrifice of Your Son, Thank You Jesus for Your sacrifice and for filling us with Your Holy Spirit. Thank you for Your Love. We give ourselves to You and trust You to keep us safe and grow us in Your wisdom and strength. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment