Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Matthew 28:5-7, Romans 11:30-32, Acts 12:11, Luke 24:5/6; Jesus died so we could be born again.
(I felt these four messages should be presented together, let me know what you think)
Matthew 28:5-7
"But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
NKJV
The Bible mentions several people involved in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is something that you rarely, if ever, find in fairy tales and folklore. You find Mary Magdalene, Joseph of Arimethea, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, and five hundred other witnesses. Either this was the most cleverly concocted hoax ever perpetuated on the world even fooling Roman politicians and Jewish spiritual leaders, or it really was the most pivotal event in human history.
Life Lesson: The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus are historically recorded events that would stand up in a court of law.
The intriguing thing to note is that how you look at this tells how you look at heaven, hell, life, death, faith, love and forgiveness. There were five hundred witnesses and some of them were famous. There was overwhelming and undeniable proof!
Millions of lives today have changed because of this, including mine. The calendar itself forever changed with the birth and death of Jesus (BC and AD). The church would forever after worship on Sunday. Are you are still waiting for more information? Friend, you have enough information to make an educated decision but it still requires a step of faith. Take the chance. I did. My life was forever changed for the better. Today can be the start of a brand new life for you. Ask God to forgive you right now and He will.
Life Lesson: Jesus claimed the power to heal illness. He did it. He also claimed He had the power to forgive sins. He did it.
Dear Jesus:
Thank You for dying for me so that I could be forgiven. Thank You for being resurrected, and that I could have a new life. I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins. Lord, I have done wrong things, and I am sorry. Thank You for Your forgiveness. Please give me the power to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Romans 11:30-32
"For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all."
NKJV
God offers all of mankind His mercy. Who are we to put limits on His mercy? When we choose not to minister the Gospel to another, we do just that. The definition of mercy is to not receive what you deserve. As we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, let us remember that in no way did we deserve God's merciful action. By no means did we merit Jesus' suffering at the hands of the unrighteous and that He would bear the tremendous weight of our own sin on that cross. Through no power of our own, these events unfolded through the benevolent, merciful and loving Father which many want to push away. Let us commit ourselves to making sure that everyone hears God's message of mercy to the broken. May all mankind hear the Gospel and make their choice. This Resurrection Sunday, we will not have a sunrise service. We will have a Son-Has-Risen service. On the other side of that breaking dawn, let us brace ourselves for our God given duties and make sure that the whole world hears.

Life Lesson: God is a merciful God.

Dear Father,
Thank You for being my God of mercy. I believe that Jesus is alive and accept Him as Lord of my life. May I live only for You. Purify my heart with Your Truth and guide me in the way of Your will for my life. May I always do what is pleasing in Your sight. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Acts 12:11

"And when Peter had come to himself, he said, "Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the Jewish people."
NKJV
Today, we rejoice in the most incredible event in the history of mankind. We celebrate the death, burial and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Yet, how many of us stop and consider the wonder of what really happened? Often, we find ourselves caught up in the planning and celebration of this extraordinary event, never giving thought to the significance this has for us. Let me encourage you to take a few minutes to reflect on the impact of Jesus' victory. Take some time with your spouse, family or friends and read the story in Matthew 27 and 28. Reflect on what this means to you. For me, it means that I can be forgiven, death has been conquered and the guilt of my sins can be washed away. This event not only changed human history, it changed my history. Jesus is alive. His tomb is empty... this changes everything.
Life Lesson: We should live our lives in amazement at what the Lord does.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for conquering death, sin and the grave. Help me to stop and consider what You have done for me. Lord, I often go through my life without pausing to reflect on the most important things. Help me to take the time to consider what happened. Lord, please forgive me afresh for all of my sins. Help me to live for You and to love others. In Jesus' name,  Amen.
Luke 24:5-6
"The women were terrified and bowed with their faces to the ground. Then the men asked, "Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? 6 He isn't here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what he told you back in Galilee,"
NLT
No matter who you are, the resurrection of Jesus Christ changes everything. It changes how we think about life and death. It changes the way we approach relationships and grieve over losses. The resurrection also establishes a big difference between Jesus and other spiritual or religious leaders. Out of all the religions of the world, only one can boast of its leader being raised from the dead and that's Christianity.
So the question remains, "What is your response to the resurrection?" Do you deny it and claim to have a greater source than the God-man, Jesus, who didn't stay dead? If, so there is no change available to you. You will still be a slave to your sins and without an eternal hope of heaven. On the other hand, to believe in the resurrection is to experience life change. No fear of condemnation for sins. No fear of eternity separated from God. Only the peaceful assurance of God's love demonstrated on the cross and proclaimed from the empty tomb. Jesus is alive, and He wants to change your life today!
Life Lesson: The resurrection of Jesus from the dead changes everything.
Dear God,
I come to You today in faith, trusting in Your death and resurrection. I believe that You died for me and that three days later, You were alive again. I believe that because of Your resurrection, I can be forgiven. I ask today that You would forgive me of my sins. Change my life today and use me to tell others about the amazing power of Your resurrection. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Congratulations, you just made the best decision you will ever make or recommitted yourself to the greatest cause...the cause of Christ.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Back to the Bible, Cross the Bridge Ministries

My Comments: My prayer is for all who read this blog and all who I come in contact with, that they will accept the grace freely offered by Jesus Christ. His life, death and resurrection were for us. He chose to come to earth, live in a human form and be crucified on a cross for our sins and then was resurrected so we could also be resurrected spiritually now and physically later, to be with the Trinity in Heaven forever.

When I think of all He went through for me; the suffering and the pain of His Father pulling away while He became sin on the cross for me; I could never bear it if it were not for His mercy and grace. He has cleansed me and made me new after all I did to separate me from Him. He never left me, He chased me and He won my heart.

Abba Father I pray all who read this blog, all I come into contact with, all my family and friends and those You give me to pray for, will come to trust and have faith in You and accept the sacrifice of Your Son Jesus Christ.

Open their ears, take the scales from their eyes and soften their hearts so they will lift their voices and call on the Name of Jesus to forgive them and save them and take their sin from them and make them new again.

We praise and thank You Father for all Your love, Your grace, Your mercy and pray You will send Your Holy spirit to guide, teach, give us a thirst for Your Word and wisdom and discernment to know the truth at all times. Amen
Living for God,
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment