Friday, July 11, 2014

Sing, Praise, Dance and Rejoice Before the Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:31New King James Version (NKJV)

The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
Zephaniah 3:17 (NKJV)
17 The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Habakkuk 3:17/18, (NKJV)

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food;Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls— 18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Psalm 144:9 (NKJV)

I will sing a new song to You, O God; On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You,

Psalm 40:3 (NKJV)

He has put a new song in my mouth— Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord.

Psalm 33:3 (NKJV)

Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.

James 5:13 (NKJV)

13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms.

Job 35:10 (NKJV)

10 But no one says, ‘Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night,

Ephesians 5:19 (NKJV)

19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,

Revelation 5:9 (NKJV)

And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
My Comments: This comes out of a conversation from a Brother in the Lord who lives in the western part of Kenya in Africa. We had been talking about the Lord and praising Him and he sent me the verses Zephaniah 3:17 and Habakkuk 3:16-19 and we both rejoiced in song to the Lord. This study came out of that sweet discourse with a Brother in the Lord. 
There were so many verses to choose from and I would encourage you to look for them and do a larger study on this topic of song, dance, rejoicing and even music to the Lord. I pray the ones I chose are a blessing to you and bring honor and glory to our Lord.
Many times we come together as Brothers and Sisters and find ourselves slipping into old patterns and habits of saying things about others or complaining of our situation or a problem when God cautions us to not have idle conversation (and gossip even couched in, "I just want to help," terms is still idle conversation). God tells us not to gossip or have idle conversation for good reason. As we are apt to say things that should not be said or for the wrong reasons. We should search our hearts and minds so when we utter words, write them down or even show displeasure in our countenance we are sure it is for the correct reasons.
Yet we can never go wrong by praising the Lord or in singing songs to Him, or lifting our arms in prayer or dancing before Him as David did. I love the stories I hear about places around the world like Africa where they totally trust the Lord and His promises. And dance, uplifted hands and hearts of trust are so much a part of their praise and worship. I wish the followers of Jesus were all like that. That they all had such childlike trust and faith in Abba Father that they stopped worrying about what people would say and just sing and dance with joy before the Lord, the Ark of the Covenant.
With joy, trust and complete faith they dance, sing and raise their hands to our God and King with complete love. They believe in miracles and they are given them. They believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and they share Him with family and friends. Their joy is written on their faces and seen with every move they make for Him. They abandon themselves to giving Him glory and praise. Their songs are refreshing and uplifting.
Sing to the lord a new song. If we do not praise Him the rocks will shout out. The birds sing to Him. These and more verses from His word tell us how important it is to sing Psalms or praises to the Lord. I would love to hear Angelic Choirs singing praises to our Creator and Savior, Teacher and Comforter, The Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last the Beginning and the End the I Am. Just thinking of hearing it nearly stops my heart with pure joy.
I remember when I was eleven nearly twelve; loving the God so much that I was dancing around singing to Him with complete abandon in the huge work shed my Dad worked in, on the grounds of the Moose Lodge in San Jose California, where we lived in our trailer. I still had dolls in those days and I took my Dollie and danced and twirled about the big table in the middle of the building. Making up words to my own Psalm to God and singing as loud as I could.
Thanking Him for everything, praising Him for being and loving me, for my dog, my family and even my toys. I have never been as free as at that time to abandon myself to the joy of the Lord so I danced and sang (at the top of my lungs) and did not concern myself about someone seeing or hearing me. 
In Church I usually have to close my eyes to remove others from my view so my mind and heart stay on the Lord sitting on the Throne or the Lamb of God. The songs I sing I want to be from my heart as the Psalms were from the hearts of the people of Israel. Though I move to the music, I restrain myself from dance though I do dance for Him at home. When I dance and sing to Him my heart soars to Heaven to be before Him. It is a joy to abandon oneself to the Lord God Almighty. Remember if God can sing and rejoice over us who cause Him so much pain we can sing and rejoice, praise and glorify Him in all we do especially in song and dance.
Abba Father may we sing for joy in all our situations as even Job did even though his friends considered him ungrateful or a sinner. Still Job praised You, God. Though he lost all things; children, servants, animals and at the end friends and the mercy of even his wife, still He praised and loved You God. May our hearts and minds always be on You so we will sing to You with joy and praise in all situations in our lives.
Jesus You suffered and took our sin upon Yourself and you did it willingly. You taught us to praise and keep our eyes on the Father. Thank You for Your example and all You did and are doing for us. In the midst of hard times fill our hearts with songs of praise. In trials let us remember all You suffered for us and give praise and bring glory to Abba Father and worship and adore You who loves us and died so we might live. 
Holy Spirit, bring us closer to Jesus. Teach us to be fully centered on those things of Heaven and to continually praise Abba Father. Fill our hearts and minds with His glory so our words and thoughts and actions will be a continual praise to Him. Place Psalms and songs of love and Joy for our Lord and Savior in our hearts and on our lips and stop us from idle chatter. Help us to be careful even in our corporate prayers so we do not use our time praying by gossiping. Keep songs of praise continually in our hearts no matter what the challenge we are going through. We know You are always with us and will guide us through all storms if we keep our eyes on Abba Father.
In Jesus name in union with the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment