Saturday, April 19, 2014

Know the Truth

Matthew 28:5-7
"But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."New King James Version. NKJV
The Bible mentions several people involved in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is something that you rarely, if ever, find in fairy tales and folklore. You find Mary Magdalene, Joseph of Arimethea, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, and five hundred other witnesses. Either this was the most cleverly concocted hoax ever perpetuated on the world even fooling Roman politicians and Jewish spiritual leaders, or it really was the most pivotal event in human history.
Life Lesson: The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus are historically recorded events that would stand up in a court of law.
The intriguing thing to note is that how you look at this tells how you look at heaven, hell, life, death, faith, love and forgiveness. There were five hundred witnesses and some of them were famous. There was overwhelming and undeniable proof!
Millions of lives today have changed because of this, including mine. The calendar itself forever changed with the birth and death of Jesus (BC and AD). The church would forever after worship on Sunday. Are you still waiting for more information? Friend, you have enough information to make an educated decision but it still requires a step of faith. Take the chance. I did. My life was forever changed for the better. Today can be the start of a brand new life for you. Ask God to forgive you right now and He will.
Life Lesson: Jesus claimed the power to heal illness. He did it. He also claimed He had the power to forgive sins. He did it.
Dear Jesus:
Thank You for dying for me so that I could be forgiven. Thank You for being resurrected, and that I could have a new life. I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins. Lord, I have done wrong things, and I am sorry. Thank You for Your forgiveness. Please give me the power to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Congratulations, you just made the best decision you will ever make or recommitted yourself to the greatest cause...the cause of Christ.
Please forward this to anyone if you are unsure of their faith in Jesus.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee

Senior Pastor
The Bridge
My Comments: This is the way I started out in my blog. I would repost David McGee's message and then my comments followed. Today I felt it would be a good thing to do as he was spot on and it was a good message. I hope you were inspired by it as I was.
So often I know I am challenged by non-believers who question my beliefs in what they perceive as fairy tales and myths and even say Christians are only Christians because they are fearful. Nothing could be further from the truth and their eyes are clouded and their ears stopped to the truth of the message God the Father sent when He sent His Son to die on the Cross for us.
I am loved. I feel loved by my Heavenly Father. I do things to please Him as any child does for a loving Father. Not out of fear but out of Love. 
I am grateful Jesus chose to go to the Cross and die in my place. I am grateful He loved me so much. His Resurrection was the seal of His truth. He told His Disciples and Apostles He would have to die and then on the third day He would be Resurrected and He was. Oh, what a glorious day!
Today we remember Christ in the grave. Tomorrow we celebrate His Resurrection. May you all know the glory of His Resurrection and have a Blessed Resurrection Sunday.
Abba Father fill us with the knowledge and understanding of Your gift to us and Jesus fill us with the knowledge and understanding of Your gift to us and Holy Spirit fill us with Your knowledge and Understanding of Your gifts to us that we may share Your gifts God with all who are in need of Your saving grace. In Jesus name in union with His Holy Spirit I pray. Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment