Tuesday, October 28, 2014

He Wants to Change Your Heart

Proverbs 4:23, New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

Ephesians 2:22-22, (NKJV)
22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Proverbs 23:7a (NKJV)

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

Proverbs 27:19, (NKJV)

19 As in water face reflects face, so a man’s heart reveals the man.

Matthew 5: 1, 8 (NKJV)

And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Galatians 2:20, (NKJV)

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Colossians 2:9-15, (NKJV)

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. 11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[a] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Psalm 8:6, (NKJV)

You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,

2 Peter 1:4, (NKJV)

by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1 Peter 1:4, (NKJV)

to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

Ephesians 3:14-19, (NKJV)

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

1 Samuel 16:7, (NKJV)

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Psalm 16:7, (NKJV)

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons.

Romans 10:9, (NKJV)

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
My Comments: Jesus’ heart has been, is and always will be for us. When we come to Jesus and believe His Gospel of death on the Cross for our sins and His Resurrection our hearts are changed to reflect Jesus’ heart.
It can always be seen who has really accepted or put of Jesus as their Savior and whose heart has not been changed. I am not saying everyone shows signs quickly just that when the heart is changed everything about a person starts to change.
They thirst for the Word of God. They are pricked when they do something not pleasing to Jesus the Son of God. They confess their wrongs. They are kinder more considerate to others and reflect God’s love for mankind. They turn from the lusts of the flesh and the desires of the heart to follow after evil, the world and worldly pleasures. I remember how it was for me.
I was still in the cult Soldiers of the Eucharist and really did not think I was doing anything to hurt anyone else nor did I think the things I watched in movies or read in books were separating me from God. I remember my heart being pricked to “purge” my literature, movies and music so I listened to and read each one with an eye and ear for how they measured up to the word of God and was ashamed know they did not. So I got rid of almost everything. It felt good. Then a short time later I felt the urge to purge again and thought, “How can I have missed any?” I went through all the ones that were left, and you know it! I had to purge more. He waited until my eyes were open to what came between He and I. He actually had me purge four different times before I was free of the things that fed the evil in my flesh.
Throughout the years He has brought to mind things that hurt our relationship and I have had to make the choice between feeding the flesh and feeding our relationship. He is gentle and a gentleman and I make the choice to keep my heart for Him. Even when going to the movies which I really enjoy doing once in awhile.
Movies are harder because though it will say the movie does not have certain things in it one can be sitting in a theatre and there it is. What does on do? I have bowed my head, gotten up and asked for my money back and left. In books I have brought home from the Library I have had to take them back when I would really like to have burned them. Satan knows our weaknesses yet God is our strength. If we rely on our strength we will fail miserably. If our hearts are bought for the Father by the blood of the Son Jesus and taught by the Holy Spirit and have His discernment we will by the grace of God persevere and our hearts will be His. If our hearts are His our lives will reflect Him.
Abba Father, we give ourselves to You through Your Son Jesus Christ who died for our sin. He became sin who knew no sin that we may have life abundantly and eternally with You. We give You our hearts and our lives to use as You know best because Abba we do not and cannot live our lives well with out You in our Heart and Your Holy Spirit filling us and guiding us at all times. Thank You Abba Father for bringing us to Your Son and Salvation.
Lord Jesus, Lamb of God, Son and Living God, you have purchased us with the price of Your blood on the Cross. You have died in our place and we believe You rose again on the third day and now sit at the right hand of Abba Father, God Almighty the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. We give our selves to You knowing You will live in us and present us to the Father unblemished and spotless and He will see only You in us. Thank You Lord Jesus for Your loving heart and Your Sacrifice.
Holy Spirit, You came to fill us once we accept Jesus as our Savior and become Children of God. Guide us please and fill us with knowledge, wisdom, and discernment to use the gifts Abba gives to each of us, as Children of God who are Justified and Redeemed. Fill our hearts for what touches the heart of Jesus and fill us with whatever is needed to do the things He asks of us. Thank You for always being there for us and now we thank You for being in us and strengthening and guiding us.
In Jesus Holy and precious name we pray in union with His Holy Spirit. Amen.

Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment