Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Good fight of faith

1 Timothy 6:12, New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."

Romans 1:17(NKJV)

17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”[a]

Romans 3:28 (NKJV)

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 (NKJV)

remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,

James 2:18(NKJV)

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works.

Habakkuk 2:4(NKJV)

“Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.
My Comments: Many times in my life I was called to give an account of what I believed. I did it with the knowledge I had at the time. I remember one young man who was a Unitarian who was on the Rifle Team with me in High School. We rode the bus together to the military base where we were taught to handle rifles by the Military Personal. He and I would have many discussions about faith. Even with all the suffering in the world I could see God's everlasting love. He wanted to know how I could see love in suffering. I told him that out of suffering good can come. In the midst of suffering it seems like no good will ever happen again and sometimes feels like we are abandoned. Yet I knew from my short life many miseries and the good that came out of them.

I was in my late teens and had lived my life with an alcoholic parent, had polio, got my sister and I away from an abductor, been molested by babysitters (mostly female) and relatives, raped by friends of the family and of myself, gone to court against one rapist, lost my Grandparents (all), moved 50 times changing schools and friends often, and yet through all of these and more the Lord was with me and as I leaned on Him, He brought me through the ordeals and gave me His strength to grow from the pain. This is the wisdom and strength I met my friends questions with.

Every week on the bus he would come up with a different world tragedy. Children starving was one of his favorite to bring up. Yes, it is hard to see good in children suffering yet many are moved to compassionate acts during these times. Many come to know and love and especially know and love God during these trying times of intense pain. Mother Teresa was a wonderful example of this kind of person. She put her life on the line often for others in pain and suffering and helped to bring many out of misery.

My High School friend would ask, "Why would a loving God allow such a thing?" That is hard to answer as you see He never caused them but had to allow man his own free will. Sometimes He did step in when it would accomplish the goal of bringing ones to Christ and salvation. I did observe His doing this in my life and the lives of ones I loved and I also observed Him not doing it and trusted He knew the best to do even if it brought me and my loved ones great pain. I choose daily to follow Him and trust Him and I know He loves me and the whole world but He is only Abba Father to those who accept His Gospel and the salvation of His Son Jesus.

When we come to accept Jesus as Savior, give Him our hearts and our lives we have a responsibility to bring His Gospel to those He places in our lives. It is a difficult thing for a shy person to do (like me). To step out of our comfort zones is difficult. We want God to do it all Himself yet we, having become His children, have a responsibility to let others know of Him so they too may become a part of His family and the know the joy of Salvation.

Abba Father open eyes and hearts to Your truths and fill all with Your love as they come to know and trust in You the Creator of the Universe and all that exists. Fill our hearts with Your love for others and show us where You want us to join You in sharing Your Gospel as You save souls. In Jesus Name I pray in union with the Holy Spirit. Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment