Friday, December 13, 2013

Suffering


2 Corinthians 7:42 Corinthians 7:4


American Standard Version (ASV) Copyright © 1901 by Public Domain

Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying on your behalf: I am filled with comfort, I overflow with joy in all our affliction.

My Comments: Many is the affliction we have all endured yet as I mature more on my walk with our Lord Jesus, I understand that these pains and hurts have helped me to grow, to be the person I am now.

Most who have read my earlier blog posts know some of my story. I grew up in an alcoholic home, was molested and raped in my life (often), beat many times and nearly murdered by ones who said they loved me and have lost many of my loved ones as they passed on. All my parents and step-parents, parent-in-laws, sister-in-laws, two children, one Grandson, Aunts, Uncles, cousins and my dear husband. I have had children who physically assaulted me, drank, took drugs, were promiscuous, ran away, rejected me and my husband, struggled with a learning disability and handi-challenges, had four miscarriages, children in jail and prison and lost good friends yet through it all and more I have gained a closer walk with Jesus. I have been comforted by my Heavenly Father. I have a greater understanding of myself and what I believe based on the word of God.

That is one of the biggest things that happened to me in everything I have gone through in my life, even before I knew the Lord Jesus as my Savior and began my relationship with my Abba Father. First I learned how much of a sinner I was and that I was a lover of myself. It amazes me that my Abba loved me and wanted me to be in His family. Yet with all the suffering I have been allowed to touch others lives and glory on their behalf that they now walk in relationship with God the Father.

A seed has to be subjected to many things before it can sprout, take root and grow to the light. I was a seed and God watered me with trials, He tended me so I would sprout and take root. He watered me with His word and put many in my life to help strengthen me as I grew to the light of His shinning glory. I am filled with joy and am comforted by Him who loved me so much He came into the world to go through the most horrible of sufferings that I and the world might have life everlasting. Out of His pain and suffering came the Living Waters that we all might live with Him forever.

Abba Father, thank you for all the pain and suffering You allowed to come into my life. Thank You for loving me so much that You never left me alone even in my darkest moments. Thank You for Jesus.

King Jesus, thank You for Your suffering and sacrifice for us. Thank You for caring for us so much You went willingly to the Cross and died for us. I praise Abba You said, “Thy will be done.” I pray I will always say the same.

Holy Spirit, thank You for Your comfort during all my trials. The ones allowed to fall on me and the ones I brought on myself, I thank You for always being there to hold me and guide me through them. Fill our hearts, minds and souls with Your everlasting light and help us to always be there when others need to know about Salvation so they will know the strength that comes through suffering and trials.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment