Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sometimes we fall and get back up again.

Romans 9:17
"For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
NKJV
My Comments: This story of my learning to call on the Lord because of my sin nature was a couple of years ago yet will show you one of my struggles because of my sin nature. Like most I struggle in many areas and trust Him to complete His work in me...

This past week I did not live the purpose my Lord and Savior had given to me to live. Instead I kept my eyes on myself and not on my Abba Father and His Son Jesus the Christ.
I was at my daughters home helping because she had just had a baby a couple of weeks before and was potty training a three year old boy as well. I tried to do all the things I have been trained up in yet I did them using my own power which we all know only goes so far. I did not trust the Lord to give me His strength. Not that I thought of it that way yet my resulting action showed that is precisely what I did.
I hurt my daughter and our relationship because I did not remember my purpose or seek my Lord's strength and guidance. Nor did I listen to the Spirit of the Lord as He tried to calm me. I did not live in the magnificent power of the Lord and lost my salt and was not light in the situation that happened.
Matthew 5:13-16 "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall it's saltiness be restored? It is not longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a  hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." ESV
Yet there is hope! On the drive back over the mountains the Lord and I had long talks about my behavior and where I had erred and when I had repented He was faithful and merciful to forgive me. I talked to my daughter and told her it was not her or the situations, but me. Life is about growing in the Lord forever, and those who are His will be learning what parts of our sin nature needs work (and it will go on until He comes again). My goal is to finish the race well as Paul says and to do that my Lord will put me into situations were I will be tested and trained up so that I will be the salt and the light He uses where He plants me and then His healing waters will flow freely in and through me to others.
Loved ones, if you are struggling with your sin nature, rejoice because the Lord God is mighty to save. He is stronger than your or my sin nature and He can and will if we give our lives to Him, cleanse us, strengthen us, and train us with His Holy Spirit so we can be His salt and light where He plants us.
If you have not been "Born Again" then just confess your sin in all humility and sincerity, and turn to Jesus and ask Him to be your Savior and come into you. Know He will never forsake your or leave you once you are His. When you are born again and become His, then you become an adopted child of God the Father and He will always bring you through and go with you through your trials, and when your time comes you will know you will be with Him in Heaven for Eternity and will serve with Christ Jesus on the New Earth.

Praise be to God our Abba Father for sending His Son to die in our place and become the Sacrifice that makes us Children of God.
Praise be to Jesus our Lord for His lessons in leaning and going to the Father in all things and abiding by Abba Fathers will in all things. For His examples I am eternally grateful.
Praise be to the Holy Spirit who is always there to guide, teach and let us know when we are straying.
All praise and glory to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who was, is and ever will be the First and the Last the Beginning and the End the I AM.
In Jesus name in union with the Holy Spirit in pray, Amen
Rebisha

2 comments: