Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blessed Be the Lord

2 Chronicles 9:8
"Blessed be the LORD your God, who delighted in you, setting you on His throne to be king for the LORD your God! Because your God has loved Israel, to establish them forever, therefore He made you king over them, to do justice and righteousness."
NKJV
King Solomon was one of the greatest kings of Israel. During his reign, Israel experienced a great time of peace and prosperity. In 2 Chronicles 2, we see that Solomon asked the Lord for wisdom to rule the people and in response to this request; God blessed him with riches and honor like no other before or after. After this, Solomon's wisdom was known throughout the world and rulers like the queen of Sheba, came to hear his words and see his wealth.
Much like Solomon, God has blessed each and every one of us with something. It may not be the great power and wealth that Solomon had, but everything we have can be used for Him. When we use our time, money or words to be a blessing, we are living out the Gospel and bringing glory to God. Today, look for opportunities to bless others. As you do this, others around you will take notice and like the queen of Sheba will proclaim, "Blessed be the Lord your God."
Life Lesson: God blesses us so we can be a blessing to others.
Dear Father,
Thank You for the blessings in my life. I praise You for giving me so much and I pray that You would help me to use it for You. Open my eyes today for opportunities to bless others and glorify Your name. Continue to use me to reach others with the Gospel. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Cross the Bridge Ministries
 
My Comments: King Solomon had everything most people say they want and usually they say, "If I had everything I wanted I would be the best person ever." or something like it. Not true. Solomon though he had great wisdom and was blessed with power and wealth he left the God who gave it all to him and sinned against Him who blessed him so greatly.
 
I say this to caution us all to remember when we are blessed we must be a blessing to others and we must continue to walk in God's truth or we cannot be a true blessing no matter what we do. Solomon built the greatest home one can live in though he built the temple or house of the Lord smaller. Hmmm, something wrong with his thinking there. Everything we do should be to bring greater praise and glory to our creator our God not to ourselves. When we build earthly things without caring for the things of God more, then we are not bringing praise or glory to God. This separates us from God. Our walk should be about Him as this brings us into a stronger walk with our Father who brought us out of our sin and gave us life.
 
The Queen of Sheba proclaimed, "Blessed be the Lord your God." based on what she observed. People should observe God in our life not just for the times when things are going well. It is easy to show we are walking the road Jesus asked of us, when things are going well. Yet it is when they are pinching and there is pain, and we walk in God's strength and peace, now that is a greater tribute to the glory of God.
 
Our lives should always glorify God and bring others closer to God by how we live our lives and handle whatever happens in our lives. There is joy even in pain if we remember God has everything in His hands and He will take care of us. I always turn my eyes to my Abba when things get painful or joyful. As my Abba or Daddy it is His job to take care of me, and my part is to bring Him glory by my behavior. I have been adopted by the great I Am and He is my Abba. Since I carry His name I always am aware of how I bring glory to His Holy name.
 
Abba there is much in this world that vies for our attention. We are Yours Father and as Your children we need Your protection so we do not walk away from You. Keep us as the apple of Your eye and help us to do all for You. Keep our minds, heart, thoughts and actions always on You and to bring You glory and praise. Let us always remember when others tell us we are doing well that it is You in us and not our own strength.  You give us so much. Keep us thankful to you so we never loose sight of You in our lives.
 
All praise and glory is Yours, Oh Lord our God, we praise and glorify You for all You do for, in and through us. Keep us from all evil, keep our hearts from fainting when times come our way that try us, strengthen us with Your strength, May we want what You want and feel for others as You feel. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Rebishka
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment