Sunday, June 3, 2012


Read the word of God and pray (two posting); 3:12, Hebrews 11:6, 1John 5:14/15;

Whether you like shopping or not, most of us would agree that the best way to approach a shopping experience is to make a list. Write out all the things you need and mark them off one by one as you put them in your cart. While this approach works for shopping, it doesn't work for prayer--although many of us try it anyway. Prayer is not about coming to God with a shopping list; it's about communicating and having a relationship with Him. Once we start to view prayer as a relationship, the way that we approach prayer will completely change.

Receive

"Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence" (Ephesians 3:12, NLT).

"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him" (Hebrews 11:6, NLT).

"And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for" (1 John 5:14-15, NLT).
  • What sort of attitude are we to have when we come into God's presence?
  • Why is it so important that we have faith when we pray?
  • How can we be confident that God will give us what we ask for?

Reflect

These verses tell us that prayer is about confidence and faith. We have to pray expecting God to answer our prayers (although it might not necessarily be the way we want them answered or as quickly as we would like). If we don't believe in the power of God to answer our prayers, we lose our confidence that He will answer them. Ask yourself:
Is there any doubt in my prayer life right now?
  • Are there things that I was praying for but I've given up on?
Do I come to God every day in prayer or just when I need something from Him?

Respond

In any relationship, it takes two people to make it work. Our relationship with God is exactly the same way. God does His part in our relationship, but we must do our part. Spend some time today thinking about your relationship with God and ask yourself these questions:

Is my relationship with God one that is pleasing to Him?
Am I genuinely approaching prayer with faith and confidence in Him?

You'll find that once you're able to view prayer as a relationship with God and approach your prayer with confidence and faith, praying will be much more satisfying.

Back to the Bible Ministries


The Bible is the Word of God. Romans 3:1/2, John 8:31/32;

Romans 3:1-2
"What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God."
NKJV
A.W. Tozer once said, "If God gave you a watch, would you honor Him more by asking Him what time it is or by simply consulting the watch." God has provided us with the instruction book He authored and it is our responsibility to read it and heed it. Friend, there are places in this world where simply possessing a Bible brings a death sentence. Many Christians have been martyred and continue to be in astounding numbers across the globe for the very thing which many of us take for granted.
God has blessed you with a Bible and with the freedom to read it. What, my friend, do you do with it? Is it simply a 'coffee table' book, a drink coaster or a paperweight? Does it sit unused on a bookshelf? The Bible, which God has given you, will keep you and your family from boatloads of trouble, but only if you read, study and apply it. It is the very Word of God.
John 8:31-32 "Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." NKJV

Friend, I want to encourage you to study your Bible. Make certain that you and your family faithfully attend a Bible teaching church. Get into the habit of praying and reading your Bible daily. Lead your family in prayer and devotions. Be diligent to do these things, and you will be amazed by the changes, miracles and blessings that are poured out on you and your family.
Life Lesson: There is a blessing and a responsibility in having a Bible.
Dear Father,
Thank You for giving me Your Bible. Please forgive me if I have been slack in reading and studying it. I ask You to give me a hunger for Your Word. Open my heart to receive Your counsel and do the things You tell me. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Cross the Bridge Ministries

My comments: I cannot remember a time in my thinking life where I did not pray to God. I talk to Him always. Prayer is not always asking Him for something or even thanking Him it is a relationship with our best friend, our Savior, our Creator, He is our everything. He loves us more than any one in the whole world could, has or ever will love us. His is a pure sweet love. He loves more than anything being in a loving relationship with us. Reading His Word shows us what He is like and what He likes and doesn’t and what He expects from us. He has written Himself into every Word and the Word was made Man.

Pastors and theologians get to sit and study the Bible continually and many of us can only get into it when there is a quiet time. When I had many children at home, and an In-Home Day Care, I did not have much time during the day to sit and read the Word of God yet I could be in constant communication with Him. I could never make it through my life without His constant companionship. Now I am able to read His Word more and reflect on what is written and what He is telling me as it applies to history, science, socially, psychologically, and personally. There is so much contained in His Words. It is truly amazing! I still keep up my dialogue with Him, yet not about children, house work and frustrations (okay those are still part of the conversations I still have with Him, lol), yet in an ever expanding way.

When I am in the car I listen to radio stations that have solid Bible teachings and music that keep me focused on the Lord and edify my soul. They are a part of my prayer life. I have the New Testament on tapes and great Christian music, and I am able to listen to them while I go about the house doing my chores or while I am painting. It saddens me when I think of people not knowing Him, not having a relationship with Him and not knowing the Word of God nor that He sacrificed Himself for us. Friends I pray you know Him and have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior and that you have life everlasting and are building your relationship with Him. He is the best friend, brother, Father you will ever have and He never disappoints if you align yourself and your thoughts with His. Read His Word and get in relationship with him and He will open your world more than you ever dreamed possible.

Abba we thank You for all You have provided to us so we can know You better and be in relationship with You. Help us to increase our knowledge of Your word, give us understanding as we read Your Word and fill us with Your Holy Spirit so we may share Your Word, knowledge and understanding with others. We praise You Father for sending Your Word and for loving us so much You placed Your Word in the hearts and minds of those who wrote Your Words in what we now lovingly call The Holy Bible. Help us to know You more and to grow our roots deep within Your living Words and may our branches bear much, much fruit for Your Glory. Amen

Rebishka


No comments:

Post a Comment