Friday, September 26, 2014

Names of God continued, #3.

Genesis 17:1, New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.

Acts 3:15, (NKJV)

15 and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.

Romans 9:5, (NKJV)     

of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

Psalm 91:1, (NKJV)

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Revelation 21:6, (NKJV)

And He said to me, “It is done![a] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.

Revelation 15:3, (NKJV)

They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: “Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!

Deuteronomy 33:27, (NKJV)

27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy!’

Isaiah 9:6, (NKJV)

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. and His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

(MY Note: Whenever you see a Capitalization of words like wonderful, counselor then those denote the names of God not just attributes of God Almighty)

1 Corinthians 3:11, (NKJV)

11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Malachi 3:3, (NKJV)

He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord an offering in righteousness.

1 Peter 5:4, (NKJV)

and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.

1 Peter 4:19, (NKJV)

19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.

Colossians 1:18, (NKJV)

18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
My Comments: In the names of God Almighty we also see His attributes and things He has and is doing for us. We see He is from the beginning and will be to the end of time as we know it. He is Creator, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Chief Shepherd the Firstborn from the dead, He purifies us (Jesus), He is Wonderful, Everlasting Father, Counselor, He is our refuge and the Lamb of God, the Christ (Messiah), He created the world and all that is in it and holds it together.
I broke a glass butter dish the other day. It only broke into a couple of large pieces so I thought I would just glue it back together again. The directions said wet the surface lightly, apply glue and clamp. So after doing the first two steps I stood there holding the pieces together. Holding, and holding and holding. After a long while I could hold it no longer so I gently set it down. For the Lord God Creator of the Universe, He created it all and holds it together. Now that boggles my mind. Especially since I cannot hold a few pieces together and I did not even create the piece let alone all the elements that go into making up the piece. God made those elements and gave man the talent to make the piece and even some a talent to repair (not me though).
He created then gave us our own free will to choose to be in relationship with Him the Everlasting God or follow after other god’s. To follow after Him one must admit their sin, seek forgiveness from the Creator and lover of our soul, Jesus the Messiah and accept Him as our Redeemer, then follow Him. I remember the day I finally understood what being Born Again was. My heart quickened, I knew what I was hearing was true. Right there and then I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and come into me. I gave Him my heart and soul and all I posses. Into His hands I placed my very life in exchange for everlasting life in Him. He accepted me and I became a Child of God and desired to know Him more than I ever thought possible. I have a hunger and a thirst to study His Word to have more knowledge and understanding of Him to be in a deeper relationship with Abba Father, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit the Triune God.
If you have not placed your life and your soul in His hands I pray you will consider doing so loved ones as therein lies true safety, faith, hope and love. This world lasts a short time and when we leave it we stand justified by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) or condemned by our sin. It is up to us and can only be done by our acceptance or denial of the One True and Living God, the Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End, The First and the Last, the Purifier, King of Kings, The lamb of God, the Creator of all there has been, is and ever will be. We do not know when our last breath will take place. Ask Him for faith and He will fill you. Accept His gift of Life Everlasting and become a Child of God Almighty.
Abba Father, it is hard for us to fathom all that You have are and will do. I look back on my life and see the times You called and tried to show me the truth and I went the other way. I shudder to think I could have died in my sin and never known Your saving Grace. I pray all who read Your Words will open their hearts and minds to You so they too may come to You through the blood and sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus the Christ. Thank You for giving us a way to come back to You.
Lord Jesus, lover of my soul, thank You for pulling me back from the brink of the abyss and giving me new life in You so I may be called a Child of God. Open up the hearts and minds of all who read Your Words or hear Your words. Open their eyes and ears to Your truth and give them a desire to know You. I pray they confess their sin and accept Your sacrifice of the Cross so they may be covered by Your blood and sanctified by Your Grace. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your sacrifice and Your love for us. Thank You for accepting the Cup and choosing to die in our place.
Holy Spirit, thank You for filling me with knowledge and understanding of You Word and filling me with a desire to know Jesus more so I may have a stronger walk with the Way the Truth and the Light. I pray all will come to know You and be filled with Your Holy Wind and be comforted by You the Comforter and Teacher. Thank You for showing us the way to our Lord Jesus the Christ who presents us to Abba Father.
Heal all who need healing especially spiritual healing. Strengthen any who are weak or struggling due to lack of faith or fear as You cast out all fear through Your Love. Teach us so we will have the knowledge You desire for us and the wisdom and discernment to understand Your Words and Your names and Your attributes. We praise You and glorify Your Holy name. In the name of Jesus in union with the Holy Spirit I pray. Amen.
Rebishka

No comments:

Post a Comment